Where Do You Place Your Machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Muse-Inc

Re: Where Do You Place Your Machine?

Post by Muse-Inc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am

Sitting on a library step (1-step thingee) between bed and nightstand near the headboard. It has a non-slip surface that makes a really loud sound if I pull on the hose and the CPAP shift positions...so loud (odd too) that it wakes me up the few times that has happened. I use the ResMes 6.5 foot hose which is enough hose for almost all nights. I have some of that non-slip mesh stuff cut to fit the CPAP that I keep packed in the ResMed travel for use on slippery surfaces.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

Rustyolddude

Post by Rustyolddude » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:44 am

Slinky wrote: RustyOleDude! What kind of carry case do you have for that M Series that there is enough air circulation when in the case and being used???
I use the stock Repironics case that came with the machine. The bottom panel of the case is porous, I'm guessing to let water drain should you forget to empty the humidifier. I push the machine in the opposite direction, towards the top where the power supply would normally pack. The Whispercap inlet points skyward, and I just leave the top flap of the case unzipped but lying closed. The hose routes out the back (bottom) corner which props the cover up a little. More than enough air circulation. If my addled brain can remember, I'll post a pic.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:02 pm

My Respironics carry case is very different - but then its for the pre-M series which didn't have the leaky humidifier problems the M Series is so notorious for.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:24 pm

I place mine on an InterMetro metal stand that I got at Container Store with three shelves. I usually have mine on the middle shelf. With post a picture of setup. I have noticed that once I went to the Opus 360 that it has become somewhat noisier even on bottom shelf close to floor(maybe one of the recalled humidifiers, will check numbers when I get home to see. I am going to get that black elbow joint to attach to where the hose connects to the machine.
DJ
"Embrace your dreams"- Angeal Hewley

robrdavis

Post by robrdavis » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 pm

I also have mine on my nightstand. It sits about the same level as the top of my mattress.

I splurged when I bought my equipment and got the Hose Buddy (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html) and absolutely love it. I also take it with me when I travel since there's no telling what type of situation there may or may not be for hanging my hose at night when I get where I'm going. I've even used it sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag after weighing the base down with a couple telephone books to make sure that it didn't topple over on me (or more importantly, my wife) at night.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

That's exactly what I use , Malm nightstand from IKEA (made a hole in the back for powercord). I use the top drawer though. Clean look in the morning when you close the drawer and this little lifesaver is out of sight.

[quote="ozij"]The bottom drawer of this Ikea 2 drawer chest. Opened at night, closed in the morning.

MauraAnderson

Post by MauraAnderson » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:36 pm

I actually bought a little storage ottoman for mine. It's got a padded top to help deaden any sound and sits about a foot below my head. I liked being able to put all the extra bits and the bag for the cpap into the ottoman.

- Maura

rosiefrosie

Post by rosiefrosie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:09 pm

On the floor.

rosie

danw61

Post by danw61 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Komodo wrote:
Slinky wrote:Mine's on my nightstand and my hose hangs over the headboard of my bed.
Same for me
Same for me.
After I almost pulled it off once or twice, I started using an 8 foot hose. No problems since.

Dan

twokatmew

Post by twokatmew » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Guest wrote:That's exactly what I use , Malm nightstand from IKEA (made a hole in the back for powercord). I use the top drawer though. Clean look in the morning when you close the drawer and this little lifesaver is out of sight.
I was looking at that unit, and it says they recommend bolting it to the wall to prevent tip-over. Do you actually bolt yours to the wall????? I've never done that with any furniture and have never had any tip-overs.

timbalionguy

Post by timbalionguy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:48 pm

I have a stack of books on the floor next to the nightstand, which is actually a 2 drawer filing cabinet. The long axis of the filing cabinet is parallel to the long axis of the fullsize bed. The book stack is such that the machine is about 3 feet from the head of the bed.The top of the machine is just below bed level, as per the instructions that came with the machine (IntelliPAP).

The hose is 12 feet long, made of two 6 foot segments. The mask end of the hose is the superflexible Respironics 'performance tubing'. The entire length of the hose has a felt cover on it for insulation and comfort. The hose leaves the back of the machine, and runs behind the nightstand to the head of the bed. The junction between the two hoses typically ends up just on the edge of the bed. From there, the hose routes downwards and back up to the mask. Arranged this way, it is easy to roll over, which I do frequently. The routing of the hose makes it really difficult to pull the machine off the book stack.

I have done extensive testing with both a 6 and 12 foot hose. With the machine set at the closest-to-actual-length setting, I am not seeing any significant therapy problems with the extra-long hose.

I am planning to put a rope hook on the wall just above the bed to prevent the hose from getting hung up between the bed and the wall (no headboard). I also have the parts to make a permanent stand. Although it will be an open wood structure, it will feature a top of polished stone tile salvaged from a shopping mall demolition. This will protect the wood from water damage, and its weight will help deaden any sound. (I am lucky. I don't have a wife or SO to complain about how things look. The cats could care less as long as they can snuggle somewhere.)

MoneyGal

Post by MoneyGal » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:52 pm

(I love this discussion.)

Mine is in a drawer from an antique refrigerator (that a neighbour was throwing out), sitting on a folded towel. I push the drawer under my bed in the morning.

ricochetv1

Post by ricochetv1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:34 pm

I place mine on a pedestal made of ivory and inlaid with intricate patterns of gold and silver. I use triple-distilled water from the hills of Napa Valley. I bathe it with the finest Venesian hand soaps, and rest it on a towel of the softest Egyptian Cotton.

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Mine sits on the night stand next to my bed. the hose just comes over behind my pillow.

Maybe I am lucky but I have had no hose problems and have never pulled it off the night stand... << Shrugs>> I dunno.

How come everybody hides it in drawers or slides it under the bed in the morning??

Mine just sits there and waits for me to go to sleep again....

With that said, I do put the hose into the night stand but that is all.....

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 pm

ricochetv1 wrote:I place mine on a pedestal made of ivory and inlaid with intricate patterns of gold and silver. I use triple-distilled water from the hills of Napa Valley. I bathe it with the finest Venesian hand soaps, and rest it on a towel of the softest Egyptian Cotton.
Can I have your machine and setup when you go over to the other side ???