Covidien Cleans House

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
spacetoast

Re: Covidien Cleans House

Post by spacetoast » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:16 am

That's really interesting that Sandman diagnostic software came out of diagnostics for testing ships. What a weird path.

I have my own business too (for a little over 4 years) and I always try to keep an open mind about opportunities that might pop up. I bet no one in the ship testing company would have believed someone if they told them they would eventually make sleep diagnostic hardware and software.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 am

Just saw another article relating to Covidien in the newspaper this morning.

http://www.journalstar.com/news/state-a ... 002e0.html

NORFOLK -- A company spokeswoman says around 70 people will be losing their jobs at the Covidien medical supplies plant in Norfolk over the next few months.

Lisa Clemence is manager of media relations for Covidien at its U.S. headquarters in Mansfield, Mass. She said Monday that the plant will have about 360 employees when the cutbacks are completed by April.

Clemence says Covidien is restructuring so it can operate more efficiently and compete more aggressively. The employees will be getting severance pay.

Among the plant's medical products are syringes and blood-collection tubes.

Covidien, which makes several health care products, separated from Tyco International in 2007. Covidien's world headquarters is in Dublin, Ireland.

----------------------------------------

(Norfolk is in Nebraska)

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ricochetv1

Post by ricochetv1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 am

jdm2857 wrote:And I was hoping that if I got a new Covidien xPAP, it would do my housework, too.
Well, I heard Roomba's making a combination robotic vacuum/APAP... it goes around cleaning during the day, dumps its chamber, charges up, then at night moves to your bed-side where you can fill the chamber with water and the vacuum motor will perform the same functions as an apap with a built-in reservoir... just hook up the hose and go!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 am

You should definitely be hired and put in charge of their Research & Development section w/your active imagination. We like it!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

ricochetv1

Post by ricochetv1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Slinky wrote:You should definitely be hired and put in charge of their Research & Development section w/your active imagination. We like it!
Hey, as long as they give me teh money...