Problems with CPAP.com??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Fifi

Problems with CPAP.com??

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:59 am

Is anybody else having problems with cpap.com? They appear to be really slow at to responding to any form of communications.

What I have found is:
1) They are not able to return calls out side US which seems a bit odd to me when international calls are so cheap these days.

2) The international number they give out, is permanently on answerphone.

3) E mails are not responded to

All a bit worrying really. Have I just caught them on a really bad day or is this generally how they operate?

I was so looking forward to ordering and receiving my new machine after a lot of thinking,but now fear it might take for ever!

djv1255

Post by djv1255 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:25 pm

I just ordered twice from CPAP.com.
I ordered a PB420E and sorftware and it came promptly.
But I didn't realize it didn't come with a mask , so I had to order one. It came promptly also.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:09 pm

dlv that is reassuring!
I am hoping for the best!

Swordz

Post by Swordz » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:19 pm

Of course quickness of replies vary depending on # of techs, business and so forth, but CPAP.com responds pretty well in my opinion. I asked a ? a few days ago and it only took a day to get back to me. Yah, I want someone to get back in a couple hours, but I know business is business and a day is pretty good.

CPAP.com rocks as far as I'm concerned.. What other sight has set up a forum for ?'s and talking. Thier a great resource and I really frickin appreciate the learning they've given me. YAY! (And no, I don't work for them: Unemployed college student)

Sleep: Did I ever know you?
Soccer: The beautiful game.
2006 Advertising Graduate: Any1 got a job?!

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:40 pm

You are absolutely right.The forum is fantastic and can't knock it. I only wish there were more of them on different topics anesthesia being one.

However I can appreciate that people are busy. If they are, then they should say so, when asked.

I asked can you possibly email me back immediately? the answer was 'yes'. If they are a busy company, which I am sure they are, then they should have said yes we can respond to your em ail in the next 24/48 hours, which is fine.

With the second response people know exactly where they stand. It just bugs me generally when people say something and mean something else. That is all!

Please don't misunderstand me I am a forum fan and certainly appreciate its existence and cannot praise it enough. It is and has made a huge difference to my life.

I also adore honesty and my point is they need to say what they mean, no big deal.

Swordz

Post by Swordz » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:46 pm

Fifi:

No beef/anger on my part at all. I believe a good place to find other topics is this forum: http://www.apneasupport.org/

Others on this website has another forum that I've visited before, but the website is evading my memory now.

As far as I"m concerned, your another member keeping this forum relevant by asking your ?'s and speaking your concerns... Good job!
Sleep: Did I ever know you?
Soccer: The beautiful game.
2006 Advertising Graduate: Any1 got a job?!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 pm

My experience with cpap.com was excellent. Perhaps their slow response was due to the Fourth Of July holiday weekend. I never had a reason to call them, but I wrote them several emails. Some were sent on a Saturday and Sunday. I received a reply in less than hour for all of them, I am really surprised by your post, and I hope that you get the service from them that I did.

momexp5

Post by momexp5 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:59 pm

I've never done business with them, but I would guess the same thing as guest just did - it's the Fourth of July weekend, which is a huge holiday weekend in the U.S. People plan big beach vacations with extended family, etc., because a lot of people have 4-day weekends as a holiday from work. Try later in the week.

It's just a big deal here. A lot of the U.S. is very hot and humid this time of year. People need the break. Kids are out of school. Etc.

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Thank you I never knew about the 4th July.So that would make sense then. Just bad timing on my part!

Thanks for taking the time to explain! I am really happy to find that out and my faith has been restored!

imacpappro

Post by imacpappro » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:29 pm

Greetings Fifi,

I am sorry my attention to your order was not as timely as I promised when we first talked by phone today. I thought my promise was appropriate considering how well we were communicating by phone and email, but I find it regrettable that you feel the need to try and make this a public issue by posting here. Even while you were posting, we were communicating with you by email, and I thought we had gained your confidence when getting your order and promising it would be shipped. In our discussions today you were satisfied and happy to be able to get the equipment today, I did not know your regret or concerns were not addressed until a concerned poster notified me about this thread. I am sorry if you were uneasy in making your purchase. From the beginning I promised we would get your order shipped today and we have delivered on that promise even if the holiday weekednd needs considering.

As the other posters stated, yes we did have a holiday in the USA. Cpap.com was busier today more than any normal business day but we still completed your order and 100's more. As we discussed by phone today, the phone number you called is the only international number we have available. It is not permanently set as an answerphone(voicemail only) or we would have not talked by phone on 3 different occasions about your order. Not all calls can be answered though because sometimes more than one customer calls at a time, which means a potential customer will have to leave a voicemail. Voicemail is a disadvantage for our customers but even more so for our international customers since we do not return calls internationally. This however is not a common or frequent problem like it has been laid out here today. The shipment of your order is evidenced of that.

As I already emailed, please accept my apologies. If you wish to discuss this further please contact me directly at adam@cpap.com.

Best Regards,
Adam Robison
Customer Service Manager
Cpap.com

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:27 pm

Apologies accepted adam

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:44 pm

Fifi throws a Hail Mary and SCORES

needamiracleagain

talk about alone in left field....

Post by needamiracleagain » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:17 pm

You should hear my stories with working with suppliers for these sleep related products .
Cpap.com is the ONLY company I deal with. They have always responded in a timely and courteous manner.

This is a field in which we are the pioneers, building bridges every day between those of us who suffer and those who are just learning about this devestating diagnosis. (at least for me with 100% central sleep apnea)
Every once in a while it may take a stick of dynamite or so to get through that tunnel in Mt. Fuji. but none the less, we are moving forward.
I hope my Aggie humor translates.
Peg

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:26 pm

imacpappro wrote:
...Even while you were posting, we were communicating with you by email...
In our discussions today you were satisfied and happy to be able to get the equipment today... I did not know your regret or concerns were not addressed until a concerned poster notified me about this thread. If you wish to discuss this further please contact me directly at adam@cpap.com."
Why in the world is Fifi bringing a private sales transaction complaint (seemingly unfounded) to this public sleep apnea forum? Even after being politely redirected to the proper channel to conduct this private business matter, Fifi again inappropriately used the forum to write:
Apologies accepted adam
Fortunately there are hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers who know the products and services supplied by cpap.com are superior, and they realize this errant complaint is just that.

Certainly, Fifi must have meant to write, "My apologies to you, Adam."

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:07 am

Why don't you identify your self Guest!