Pur-Sleep Trial Offer for Strugglers (New)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepGuy

Pur-Sleep Trial Offer for Strugglers (New)

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:39 pm

UPDATE: Thanks for all those who respnded to this trial. It is now full.

About three months ago Pur-Sleep opened a free trial for people struggling to sleep with their cpap.

Feedback from that trial offer has been extremely helpful. Certain modifications have been made based on comments and additional feedback is desired, particularly as to: strength of aroma (how many drops you need), the method for dispensing drops, instructions as to dispensing, ease of setup/configuration, duration of diffusion, effectiveness, clarity and scope of the Product Guide, personal tastes as to specific aromatics, etc.

I am looking for up to 15 participants who are either new to cpap or otherwise struggling with compliance due to things like general frustration and irritation, anxiety, inability to fall asleep, inability to stay asleep or to go back to sleep after waking up, panic, claustrophobia, taking mask off in your sleep, etc. Technical people (RTs, sleep techs, doctors and the like) are also welcome to participate.

Participants will receive a free Pur-Sleep Basic Starter Pack, postage-paid. The package includes three different essential oils, a diffuser, three washable diffusion pads, as well as detailed instructions.

All I request in return is honest feedback on the specific issues identified above, good, bad, or otherwise, either privately or on the forum or both.

If you are interested in participating, please send me a PM that describes your situation as well as a mailing address. Personal information is kept strictly confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than to send you the sample. I reserve the right to accept or decline any applicant, based on the circumstances. Detail of your situation will improve your chances of being included in the trial; please don't be offended if you're not selected to participate in this round.

Non-domestic US participants may be asked to pay shipping costs.

Additional product information is available on the website below.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): CPAP

Last edited by SleepGuy on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

billeee

Post by billeee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:06 pm

hi
ive heard about your product and am extremly interested.........have trouble sleeping .wake up often during the night.hard to get back to sleep...............would like to try your product and give feedback to you.
bill lyons..........
10019 simkin pl
sidney,britsh columbia
canada......v8l3n5...............many thks bill

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:54 pm

I think it is great that you are offering a limited number of free trial offers!!

Many users have had marvelous results with your product.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

packer

MOST POPULAR SCENTS

Post by packer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:40 pm

I recently bought the starter package. I am running out of the oils
what are most popular? are there some new flavors??

I find myself using several drops- though I kind of think I am wasting it.
What happens is I want scent to remain-- but by morning it is gone.
as I am writing this I am thinking that a couple drops to fall asleep with will probably last as long as 5 or 6?? anyhow - what is best way to order more scent- are there larger bottles?/ you have a good product
I certainly support it and believe it helps me to fall asleep and to sleep through the night better packer

SisterShotgun

Post by SisterShotgun » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:59 pm

I am almost totally out of all the oils..I NEED more, where can I buy them at? I got desperate last night and took some vanilla extract with some ginger and nutmeg and placed it in a shallow bowl next to my CPAP..It sort of worked, but I had the strangest dreams and tried to rip the mask off in the middle of the night
Then I took a nap today and had dreams of dead people

SleepGuy

Re: MOST POPULAR SCENTS

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:54 pm

packer wrote:I recently bought the starter package. I am running out of the oils
what are most popular? are there some new flavors??

I find myself using several drops- though I kind of think I am wasting it.
What happens is I want scent to remain-- but by morning it is gone.
as I am writing this I am thinking that a couple drops to fall asleep with will probably last as long as 5 or 6?? anyhow - what is best way to order more scent- are there larger bottles?/ you have a good product
I certainly support it and believe it helps me to fall asleep and to sleep through the night better packer
Packer (and Sister ShotGun) -
Essential oil refills are currently only available at the pur-sleep.com website. Cpap.com will eventually pick up all of the refills but haven't added the refills yet. We're offering 5ml and 15ml refill sizes. The larger size is a particularly good deal and includes a free pad. I don't want people to run out of essential oil!

As for favorites, it varies so much from person to person that it's hard to say. Most people seem to like Clear. Most people either love or dislike Spice (very few neutral opinions). People seem to like Fresh and Creme but they are also the least persistent (most mild) of the group. Paradise has a very strong following but it's the most expensive of the oils (first distillation ylang ylang). Comfort is a personal favorite but some people don't care for it. Personally, I really like them all but tend to use Clear and Spice the most, followed by Paradise and Comfort, with some Fresh and Deep now and then. I use Creme to mix with either Clear (mint-cream) or Spice (orange-cream). I don't usually use Creme alone.

The starter packs are intended to provide a sampling of oils so people can re-order as refills their favorites.

Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.

SleepyNoMore

Post by SleepyNoMore » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Hello SleepyGuy, I purchased the "DELUXE STARTER KIT" last week. I have used the FRESH and I really don't care for that one much, and it is quite strong, then I tried the "CREME", I LOVE that one but it the scent is way to light and it seems to evaporate to quickly, next I tried "PEACE", it was nice, and tonight I am trying "COMFORT" ... Tomorrow night I am going to use "ROSA", and I just think I will really like it, I opened the bottle and smelled it and it smells very nice. My husband is not a cpap user however, for the past few night since I started using Pur-Sleep Scented Oils, not only have I been sleeping like a Baby but he has to. The oils linger in the room.. I have also noted on a post somewhere on the forum that the first night I tried the oil, I slept for 9 hours, the next night 8, and lastnight 8. Also, I have been so asleep that I find myself with my mouth wide-opened and I am snoring like I used to 3 months ago before using a cpap.. Your product is amazing, I would really like to see more scents added to your fine collection such as vanilla, jasmine, strawberry, etc I LOVE THIS PRODUCT and so does my husband, Thanks SleepyGuy

allergyridden

some questions

Post by allergyridden » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:31 am

I'm using a natural oil I bought locally, needed some help quickly. I smell it when I enter the room, but don't notice it while wearing my mask. My sense of smell isn't as good as many others.
I don't think I'd like your starter kit, because I don't want the spice. I wish you could choose the scents, but I understand this is easier for you.
My questions are: Can you use any china etc item as a disfuser? Or is it made of some special material to enhance it? I'm placing it right by the filters.
I will try your scents to see if I can smell those.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:03 am

SleepyNoMore wrote:I would really like to see more scents added to your fine collection such as vanilla, jasmine, strawberry, etc I LOVE THIS PRODUCT and so does my husband, Thanks SleepyGuy
Hey SNM, thanks for the feedback. I'm very glad to hear you're liking the product so much.

As for the aromatics, I have chosen to stick with natural aromatics (essential oils) and not use anything synthetic. Unfortunately, most common fragrances are synthetic. Because essential oils are derived from the plant itself, they are quite a bit more expensive than synthetics and there are fewer choices.

For example, there is no such thing as any "fruit" essential oil (like strawberry). It doesn't exist in natural form.

Vanilla is already in the lineup--Creme is 100% authentic tenfold vanilla oleoresin. There is a vanilla essential oil derived from the oleoresin but it's so expensive that it's just not practical to offer it. But that's why the Creme doesn't last as long as the other oils. There are plent of synthetic vanilla aromatics on the market but they give me a headache and are made primarily from a chemical called phenol.

Jasmine would be fantastic to offer. Unfortunately, it's probably the most expensive essential oil in the world and just not practical to offer in the product line. Ylang ylang, while expensive in its own right, is an aroma that's very close to jasmine. The Paradise blend is made from the best ylang ylang available, first distillation.

I would love to offer some additional oils in the lineup. I stopped at 9 for now but am considering others. Do you have any more suggestions?

bearcatx16

Post by bearcatx16 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:33 am

SleepGuy:

Keep up the good work, still sleeping good, 100% complaint for 100+ days. Still don't like Rose, and Deep provides some interesting dreams. Try mixing scents. My base is clear and then I had scent of the day.

Best regards,

Fred

I know I'm not a volunteer. Just slept good, and felt like adding my .02.
In the game of Life there is no two minute warning, just sudden death then judgment............Paraphrase Heb. 9:27 NIV
Not sure you believe in God.....just don't die.

SepppyGuy

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:32 am

SleepGuy wrote:
SleepyNoMore wrote:I would really like to see more scents added to your fine collection such as vanilla, jasmine, strawberry, etc I LOVE THIS PRODUCT and so does my husband, Thanks SleepyGuy
Hey SNM, thanks for the feedback. I'm very glad to hear you're liking the product so much.

As for the aromatics, I have chosen to stick with natural aromatics (essential oils) and not use anything synthetic. Unfortunately, most common fragrances are synthetic. Because essential oils are derived from the plant itself, they are quite a bit more expensive than synthetics and there are fewer choices.

For example, there is no such thing as any "fruit" essential oil (like strawberry). It doesn't exist in natural form.

Vanilla is already in the lineup--Creme is 100% authentic tenfold vanilla oleoresin. There is a vanilla essential oil derived from the oleoresin but it's so expensive that it's just not practical to offer it. But that's why the Creme doesn't last as long as the other oils. There are plent of synthetic vanilla aromatics on the market but they give me a headache and are made primarily from a chemical called phenol.

Jasmine would be fantastic to offer. Unfortunately, it's probably the most expensive essential oil in the world and just not practical to offer in the product line. Ylang ylang, while expensive in its own right, is an aroma that's very close to jasmine. The Paradise blend is made from the best ylang ylang available, first distillation.

I would love to offer some additional oils in the lineup. I stopped at 9 for now but am considering others. Do you have any more suggestions?
SleepyGuy, Goodmorning! I have no other suggestions at this time but if I do, i'll post them later.. All of your products are wonderful and thanks for the suggestion on mixing the creme with the clear or the spice, i'm going to try that after I have tried all 9 oils ! I really like the COMFORT as I used it lastnight and had to wake myself up again this morning at 9 am, that was another 9 hour night on the hose for me and my husband not being a hosehead slept longer than I did, he is usually a 8 hour sleeper so it's really doing him good just to smell the scent in the room! Once again "THANK YOU" for the great products, as it really hard struggling and fighting the hose and this made a 100% difference for me and other's i'm sure.. It's my Birthday today, won't tell my age so I have to get ready as we are going to eat ! Goodluck with your Oils "Have a Great Day", Shirley

SleepyGuy

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:48 am

When you get the new Ols ready, please consider me to TEST them for you! That would be really neat to be in "BETA" with these new fragrances you will come out with!

SleepGuy

Re: SleepyGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:When you get the new Ols ready, please consider me to TEST them for you! That would be really neat to be in "BETA" with these new fragrances you will come out with!
If you have any specific suggestions I'd be happy to consider them. I might want to add one more just to round it out to 10 total. I am sticking with natural aromatics that are listed on the FDA list of oils generally recognized as being safe for human consumption. While that list relates to ingestion it is an excellent measure for safety because ingestion presents the most risks from a toxicological standpoint.

Thanks to all those who responded to this trial offer. I am just now getting through the PMs and will be shipping out packages to everyone who requested one and provided an address (except for one and I contacted that person directly).

If there are others lurking about who would like to sign up I would be happy to consider adding about 5 more to this trial.

Thanks!

SG

SleepyNoMore

Re: SleepyGuy

Post by SleepyNoMore » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:26 pm

SleepGuy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:When you get the new Ols ready, please consider me to TEST them for you! That would be really neat to be in "BETA" with these new fragrances you will come out with!
If you have any specific suggestions I'd be happy to consider them. I might want to add one more just to round it out to 10 total. I am sticking with natural aromatics that are listed on the FDA list of oils generally recognized as being safe for human consumption. While that list relates to ingestion it is an excellent measure for safety because ingestion presents the most risks from a toxicological standpoint.

Thanks to all those who responded to this trial offer. I am just now getting through the PMs and will be shipping out packages to everyone who requested one and provided an address (except for one and I contacted that person directly).

If there are others lurking about who would like to sign up I would be happy to consider adding about 5 more to this trial.

Thanks!

SG
SleepyGuy, I HAVE A WONDERFUL SUGGESTION, try mixing "CREME & ROSA" togother, I slept with the two mixed lastnight and it was a Beautiful Fragrange but again, just not strong enough and it really does evaporate way to quickly ~ ... I think on my last post I had already tried Fresh, didn't care to much for that one but will try it again, Creme, loved that one, Spice was good, but I used way to much! Peace was good, smelled sorta like mens colonge & mint, Comfort was awesome, Rosa was fantastic but again, not strong enough, then I mixed Creme & Rosa togother, smells Heavenly, Opened Clear this evening, put 3 drops on the pad and My Husband goes to sleep at 8pm., he walked in the room and said it smelled great, he said it smells like DoubleMint Gum, we love that one to! I can't wait to see how it smells with the mask on! After tonight I will only have two more to try , Paradise & Deep". Then I will begin Mixing & Matching just to see what I can come up with. I Love your products. I would, along with others on our forum love to see you come out a very nice smelling Jasmin. SleepyNoMore/Shirley How has your sleep changed using Pur~Sleep and what is your favorite scent? Do you mix any of them togother?

Thank You "SNOREDOG" will live in our Hearts forever...

May you always have
Love to Share,
Health to Spare,
and Friends that Care. :)

djtowle

Aroma flavor request

Post by djtowle » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:30 am

Hi just reading through this thread, and have been very interested in your product, haven't tried it yet, but will be soon. I would like to request my favorite sent of all time, It's available from an Italian manufacturer Acca Kappa - white moss. It is a combination of essential oils lavender and juniper. If you could please give one of their soaps, lotions, or colonges a sniff and see if lavender and Juniper might be in the cards for your product. I really like it, stubtle and complex at the same time.

SleepGuy wrote: