Do you still love your F & P 432 ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LittleRedTruck

Do you still love your F & P 432 ?

Post by LittleRedTruck » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:32 am

I use Resmed nasal mask and get along very well with it ! But, thinking about cold season here in Minnesota realize I need a FF mask. Last winter I had a sinus infection for 8 weeks, required 3 prescriptions to get well. Meanwhile having terrible nites strugling to breath thru my nose! Ive read some raving reviews and posts about the F&P 432. Just wondering if the love affair is continuing after using this mask for a while. It looks very promising from what Ive read so far. But then, Ive seen these MASK love affairs, not last long in the past! Thanks for your thoughts,,,Dan

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:01 am

Yep, mask relationships often have a Hollywood characterisitc. The perfect match is the one that fits YOUR face the best ... not the one's reviewed by someone else.

If you decide to try the 432 ... consider getting the next size larger since the foam cushion causes them to run a bit smaller than the stated size.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jasper

432 a disappointment

Post by jasper » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:18 am

I've seen a lot of issues regarding sores on the nasal bridge with the 432. Do a Search and read the comments thoroughly. For my part, I started out like you thinking this would be great as a backup for congested times. My 432 "affair" went from hopeful to very disappointed in a short period of time. I keep trying it when I'm congested, but it seems that each time I have more problems.... sore nose, leaks etc. Time to look at the Hybrid or Liberty.
I remain, very disappointed..

DreamStalker

Re: 432 a disappointment

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:27 am

jasper wrote:I've seen a lot of issues regarding sores on the nasal bridge with the 432. Do a Search and read the comments thoroughly. For my part, I started out like you thinking this would be great as a backup for congested times. My 432 "affair" went from hopeful to very disappointed in a short period of time. I keep trying it when I'm congested, but it seems that each time I have more problems.... sore nose, leaks etc. Time to look at the Hybrid or Liberty.
I remain, very disappointed..
That's cuz your face is shaped like that of a dog

For sore nose problems ... leave the upper strap very loose (the forehead pad does not have to touch your forehead).

For leak problems ... plastic surgery to have your face fitted to the mask may work but even then -- if you have oily skin you may still get leaks.

Or ... you could try the Hybrid/Liberty masks

BTW - 432 didn't work for me either ... large was too small and oily skin made leaks. We divorced about a year ago.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

marymoon

Post by marymoon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:17 am

I received a FP 432 from my DME last week and so far I really don't like it. I haven't been able to sleep all night with it yet, due to leakage and slipping. Also, I find that my exhaled breath is too warm inside the mask & around my nose and it irritates me everytime I exhale!

I much prefer my Hybrid as a FF mask!

momadams

Post by momadams » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:25 am

I got infected pores on the bridge of my nose with the 432, and oily skin defeated the seal.
Shari

jasper

Post by jasper » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:24 pm

DreamStalker: I used to have a regular-shaped face, but after the Activa sucking on it for many months, that's what happened!!

Now I use the Optilife, but I think my schnozz is stuck that way.