High blood pressure and OSA

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AdmiralCougar

Post by AdmiralCougar » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Got a reply back from my Dr. He's giving me 4 months of having my BP taken regularly at the nurses station at the clinic and if the Systolic number doesn't drop he's gonna put me on BP meds... got to lose some more weight... Had a set back Thursday when I weighed in of the 27 lb. I had lost I gained 5 back already... I sure hope getting the OSA under control along with the weight loss will help lower it I don't want to add another prescription. Already have way to many

Glad I came across this thread though to make me think, better to address the issue now than before it's to late.

Christy

Admiral Cougar

arthuranxious

Post by arthuranxious » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:32 pm

I think it took over 6 monyjs for me to see an effect from CPAP at lower blood pressure, your doctor probably would hold back the medications if he notices that you are generally improving management of your health with CPAP and weight loss

DannyB

Post by DannyB » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Three months after I actually started using my cpap all night I started seeing some BP relief--down about 25%! My trouble was using the blasted machine!

AdmiralCougar

Post by AdmiralCougar » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:18 am

Well I'll work hard, and hopefully things will improve. Hopefully everyone else will continue to improve as well

Christy
Admiral Cougar