Swift LT discontinued - looking for replacement

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goofy_american

Swift LT discontinued - looking for replacement

Post by goofy_american » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:49 am

Greetings,
I've been using the Resmed Swift LT mask since 2009. I love it and have been very successful.
I love the adjustability of the barrel connector to get the perfect fit in my nostrils.

Unfortunately Resmed has discontinued the Swift LT.

Any recommendations on replacement nasal pillow masks?
Preferably one with good adjustment.

I have an appointment with my DME next week but because of covid, they won't let you try on masks anymore.
Frustrating!

Thank you.

ChicagoGranny

Re: Swift LT discontinued - looking for replacement

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:08 pm

You might already be aware that ResMed promotes the AirFit P10 as a superior replacement.

Here you can see pics, specifications, ratings and 1,294 reviews - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... k-headgear
Most reviewers gave it 5 of 5 stars.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:35 pm

I have used both, and I agree that the p10 is a much better fit.
I have used the p10 for many years, and the sizes seem to correspond quite well.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:41 pm

If the AirFit P10 doesn't work for the OP, there's also the ResMed Swift FX. The Swift FX headgear has a little more structure and consistent fitting than the P10...worked better for me than the P10 for several years. The major concern with the Swift FX for me was the "jet of air" vent, instead of the nice diffused vent on the P10.

After surgery on my nose, I can no longer use nasal pillow masks, so I've gone to the AirFit N30. Also has the diffused air venting like the P10. Really like the nasal cradle type mask at this point, but the N30 has the P10-style headgear that I just put up with. Tends to readjust itself overnight, but I've learned to live with it. So that's another alternative to the Swift LT.

By the way, Cpap.com is still selling the Swift LT if you really like it. They're probably selling out their stock, but I don't know if you're relying on insurance coverage to pay for your CPAP masks or not. Also, cpap.com has a 30-day trial period, after which you can get a full refund if the mask doesn't work for you.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:00 am

RogerSC wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:41 pm
After surgery on my nose, I can no longer use nasal pillow masks
What happened?