ResMed P-10 Wind Tunnel Sound on Exhale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ImTrying

ResMed P-10 Wind Tunnel Sound on Exhale

Post by ImTrying » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:35 pm

I recently switched DME's and they had me do a facial scan. The system recommended a nasal pillow mask. I have probably tried 10 masks in the 7 or so years that I have been on therapy. I was sent a fit pack by the supplier. The small was too small. The medium seems to fit just right with zero leaks. I tried he large but it takes about 10 attempts to get it to seal without leaks. I figured the medium would be my go to. I used it for the first time last night and noticed that upon exhalation there is a loud sound almost like a wind tunnel at the end of my exhalation. I noticed it upon going to bed and when it woke me up at 430am. I struggled from there to get to sleep due to the sound. Today I ran fit tests on my Airsense 10 for roughly two hours between the large cushion and the medium. With the medium I had that sound. With the large if I got it positioned just right no sound upon exhalation. I figured, OK I will try the large. The problem is when I tried to put it on again and run the fit test it leaked in various areas and I couldn't get the seal right. Could the exhalation sound with the medium be due to the holes in the pillows just being too small or not fitting right in my nose? I'm tempted to just say forget it and go back to my F&P Evora Nasal which works OK but does on occasion leak a little too much. TIA

ozij

Re: ResMed P-10 Wind Tunnel Sound on Exhale

Post by ozij » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:30 pm

The P10 is a very very silent mask.

All the pillow size are installed on the same frame.
I would try to reinstall the medium pillows in the frame and check very carefully to make sure they are connected to the frame correctly and securely.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023