Low O2 and Snoring

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bigdonpaul

Low O2 and Snoring

Post by Bigdonpaul » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:33 pm

I've been on CPAP since Fall 2021. Resmed Airsense 11 and F30i. For the past few weeks, I've been having daytime fatigue again and waking up multiple times at night. My wife also says I've been snoring. Its not as bad as before CPAP but still noticable. I'm 420 pounds and a 37 year old male. I'm working on the weight loss.

I just started using a Wellue O2 ring and it's showing some really low O2 numbers at night. My Galaxy Watch has also shown some low deep sleep numbers. I'm attaching the OSCAR charts and the Wellue charts I have. Any recommendations to help? I have a sleep doctor appointment on March 27 but I'd like to get better sleep before then.

https://imgur.com/a/K5WMep0

Bigdonpaul

Re: Low O2 and Snoring

Post by Bigdonpaul » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:43 pm

Bump with more OSCAR data:

https://imgur.com/a/wvpUS7Y

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:23 pm

If this were my data and I was worried about low O2 levels at night, I'd bump the min pressure setting up a bit---as long as that doesn't trigger any aerophagia.

Here's my rationale: While the number of OAs and Hs that are being recorded are quite low, you are still having a lot of RERAs and flow limitations being flagged, and many of these happen after your pressure has decreased back close to your current minimum pressure setting. That indicates your current minimum pressure may not be enough to even out your sleep disrupted breathing enough to prevent the low O2 events from occurring. Add in the fact that you are also snoring and that says your current minimum pressure is probably not enough to manage your sleep apnea as well as it could be managed.

In other words, the worst of your untreated sleep apnea OAs and Hs are not occurring, but they've been replaced by RERAs, FLs, and snoring. If the pressure were optimal, you would have very few events of any kind, including RERAs, FLs, and snoring.

I'd say bump the min pressure up to 12 or 13 and see if that helps.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

Bigdonpaul

Post by Bigdonpaul » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:53 pm

Thank you. I'll try it at 13 tonight and see what happens.

Bigdonpaul

Post by Bigdonpaul » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:12 pm

Updated data from OSCAR for last night:

https://imgur.com/a/Mkn1f7R

Minimum pressure was bumped up to 13 and I changed my pillow setup as well. Let me know how it looks.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:30 pm

Bigdonpaul wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:12 pm
Updated data from OSCAR for last night:

https://imgur.com/a/Mkn1f7R

Minimum pressure was bumped up to 13 and I changed my pillow setup as well. Let me know how it looks.
There are still a lot of RERAs and a lot of flow limitations. But I'd leave the pressure at 13 for a few days to see if things start to improve. If the data still looks like this after 3-5 more days, then it's reasonable to bump the pressure up again, either by 0.6 or by 1cm, whichever you are more comfortable with---as long as you aren't dealing with aerophagia.

But the critical question is: Did you feel any better?
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls