ResMed f30i full face mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
richjh

ResMed f30i full face mask

Post by richjh » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm

For months, I have been trying to find an under-nose mask that seals. I first tried the Philips DreamWear under-the-nose full-face mask in all sizes, but they all leaked. I didn’t like the continuous nose slits. I then decided to try the ResMed f30i under-nose full-face mask. The kit came with small, medium, and wide cushion sizes. Again I wasn’t satisfied with the fit - all the masks leaked. I went online and discovered the small wide mask, which wasn’t supplied in the kit. It arrived yesterday, and I tried it last night. It worked perfectly from the moment I put it on. It fit my nose opening and was whisper quiet. It stayed that way all night and gave me a score of 100. I am 6 feet tall and 240 pounds, and my wife says I have a big head. (She doesn’t mean ego!) So, surprisingly, the small wide can work with a big head! It might work for you, too!
Rich

RobertS975

Re: ResMed f30i full face mask

Post by RobertS975 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:26 am

Question about f30i.... my wife has been getting severe skin irritation in the area between upper lip and nose while using the n30i, the "mustache" area.. This has occurred after successfully using the n30i for over a year without issues. She has applied moleskin patches over the area but adhesive on an already sore area has proven not to be a good idea!

Am I correct in assuming that the f30i would place a lot of pressure on that "mustache" area and also be a problem?

I also have some p30i cushions in her size small. And even a brand new p10 to try...will be experimenting over the next few nights.

michaeldwilson

Post by michaeldwilson » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:18 pm

Just to add my praise for the F30i, I always had a red stripe on my nose when I used a full-face mask. The hybrid worked just great. I also went to a wide large for best results.
Machine: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: AirFit F30i
Additional Comments: Pressure 16

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:38 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:26 am
Am I correct in assuming that the f30i would place a lot of pressure on that "mustache" area and also be a problem?
If she tightens the headgear in the F30i as tight as she tightens the N30i it will put the same amount of pressure. (She may have the N30i too tight.)

RobertS975 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:26 am
She has applied moleskin patches over the area but adhesive on an already sore area has proven not to be a good idea!
The moleskin side is supposed to go next to the irritated area, not the adhesive side. The problem with this is getting adhesive on the mask. Maybe she could cut small swatches out of a 100% cotton, white T-shirt to fit between skin and mask.