Dreamstation noise fix

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Johnpete62

Dreamstation noise fix

Post by Johnpete62 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:47 am

Hi-- Brand new member here. I joined because I might have a possible fix for a noisy CPAP. About two months ago I FINALLY received a Dreamstation replacement because of the ongoing recall. Other than some problems that have popped up with settings recently, It's been working OK.. EXCEPT for the noise! I read plenty of posts here, and elsewhere... checked my seals, mask, machine position, etc, but still had loud whirring noises -while inhaling especially. Two nights ago I was trying to fall asleep through the noise and started thinking that I must be missing something simple. Where else does air pass? --A-HA!!.. The FILTERS! I'm not sure why I haven't seen any other information about this being a possible noise cause (maybe I didn't look long enough) but changing filters did the trick! Like many CPAP users, I'm always looking for deals on supplies. I'm not saying that all after-market (cheaper) supplies are inferior to OEM supplies, but, apparently SOME aren't as good as the original. I am guessing the ultrafine filter was not sealing well, and acting like a kazoo diaphragm! Apparently, there can be quite a few reasons CPAP machines get noisy. Start with the simple fixes. I hope this helps.