Wisp vs Dreamwisp

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jazzerama

Wisp vs Dreamwisp

Post by Jazzerama » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:13 pm

Hi there.

I'd been using the Resmed Dreamsense-11 with Philips Dreamwisp headgear and Xl Dreamwisp nasal cushions for about 6 months, and was thrilled - best sleep I'd ever gotten since starting with CPAP 14 years ago. But then my six month CPAP supply shipment never got delivered, and the supplier refused to replace it, and I went online to buy replacement cushions. I ordered XL Dreamwisp cushions first on Amazon, and when they arrived just tossed them into my supplies drawer without scrutinizing them. However, the other night I had to replace my cushions, and I discovered I hadn't been sent XL Dreamwisp cushions, but XL Wisp cushions. They are similar to my eye, but the Wisp cushion didn't fit snuggly onto the hose in the way that the Dreamwisp did, and I had problems with leaks and the thing actually coming off the hose. I ordered new Dreamwisp cushions from CPAP Exchange, and once more discovered that I'd been sent regular Wisp masks rather than the Dreamwisp masks.

Am I just not getting something here? Are the Dreamwisp and Wisp nasal cushions the same? Because I don't think the Wisp fits or works as well as the Dreamwisp cushions I had. The Wisp seems to have not one but two plastic "flanges" where the cushions fit into the soft frame of the headgear, whereas my Dreamwisp cushions had just one.

I'm also a little worried because this issue with the magnets on the head strap for the Dreamwisp set up has resulted in my original supplier dropping the product. I assume that it won't take Philips long to develop an alternate strap, but I love this headgear/mask set-up so much and am worried I'm going to lose it.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or input. Maybe I'm just buying into the Dreamwisp brand too much, but it feels completely different to the Wisp. I've gone back to using my worn-in Dreamwisp cushion, but it's pretty rundown and really needs to be replaced soon.

Thanks for any help.

J.

Resmed Airsense-11
Philips Dreamwisp headgear/cushions