Lanky Lefty's review of the Eclipse..updated video link

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Lanky Lefty's review of the Eclipse..updated video link

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:21 pm

Edit...12/10/22
Apparently I screwed up and posted wrong video link....long story but here is the corrected link to the most latest review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTbB0cO5P4

old review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go2-kpFOr84

So Jason/TheLankyLefty has done a video review of the Eclipse.....link above. Ignore the commercial for the online cpap store that Jason promotes if you wish.

For those that pre ordered the Eclipse last summer .....shipment is expected the end of next week from SureSeal and then to the online supplier Aeroflow the next week. I have no idea about any other suppliers at this time.

I have been using the original version of the Eclipse for many months now....that would be the darker gray magnet holder version but apparently Jason suggested that version was a little stiff and requested more flexibility which apparently has been accomplished with the more white/clear version. I personally haven't seen that new version yet. Remember I got mine months and months ago when it was in its Beta infancy and before a lot of tweaks and improvements were made.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

booksfan

Re: Lanky Lefty's review of the Eclipse

Post by booksfan » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:58 pm

OMG, I can't wait! I ordered from both so I hope to be all set soon. :D :D My poor left hand will be so happy, the cold has been wreaking havoc on it :lol:

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:23 pm

Thanks, Pugsy.

It is my opinion that Chunkyfrog should not be allowed to watch that video without a chaperone present.

Jason seems like a true gentleman-pro. Refreshing. And I appreciate his financial-interest disclosures.

I may try the mask one day, but right now I'm spoiled being able to slide under the covers and slap my mask on in one quick move in seconds with zero prep.

I am sure, though, that the efforts to perfect that mask design will make PAP therapy acceptable to an entire subset who would otherwise be unwilling.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:52 pm

lazarus wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:23 pm
I may try the mask one day, but right now I'm spoiled being able to slide under the covers and slap my mask on in one quick move in seconds with zero prep.
I understand quick and easy and no prep. :lol: :lol:

But with time and experience the prep becomes not that big of a deal and it all depends on what a person's personal preferences, wants and needs might be.
My biggest want.....not to have bags under my eyes from the straps inhibiting fluid dispersal and it's especially worse on my right side since I sleep on my right side probably 75 % of the time. The right eye bag is always MUCH more annoying and lasts longer when I use the P10 (even with padacheek strap pads to help diffuse the dents from the straps) so to NOT have any extra bags is a great motivator for me to take the time to do the little bit of prep.
Not to mention the no more back strap sliding up the back of my head and/or leaks from the mask movement.

I have some other minor wants that encourage me to be happy with the prep as well.

Mainly though....I am 70 years old and have enough bags and wrinkles on my face without adding more bigger and stubborn bags.
I use the Bleep/Eclipse to reduce denting and the formation of larger bags under my eyes from straps inhibiting fluid dispersion in the tissues under my eyes. Not everyone will have the same problem with eye bags though but for those of us that do.....no bags is priceless and worth a bit of extra "work" to be bag free.
I really, really like the no headgear thing and the no strap thing and the no dents thing and the no bags thing.
It's all in what is important to a person and it's okay if people don't have the same wants and needs that I have.

The biggest problem with the original Bleep was the attaching of the ports. Some people just couldn't manage it for various reasons.
Even I had a problem once my right wrist developed arthritis so bad that I couldn't even pick up a nickle with my right hand much less deal with the dreamports getting attached correctly. The magnetic attachment process to the Halos takes all the problem attaching the hose/frame away from wearing the Eclipse.
The skin prep....it's not like I wouldn't be cleaning my face anyway before bed....so I just add one little quick and easy step to clean the skin of the oils. After washing and drying my face and a quick alcohol or Dreamport swab wiping....takes me all of 15 seconds to be ready for bed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:33 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:52 pm
. . . reduce denting and . . . bags under my eyes from straps inhibiting fluid dispersion in the tissues under my eyes.
The price you ladies pay to be beautiful!

Makes sense.

That trimming/reinforcing he demonstrated looked to me like it took some real talent and expertise, though.
---

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:39 pm

lazarus wrote:
Thanks, Pugsy.

It is my opinion that Chunkyfrog should not be allowed to watch that video without a chaperone present.
Oh yeah, good advice.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:46 pm

lazarus wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:33 pm
That trimming/reinforcing he demonstrated looked to me like it took some real talent and expertise, though.
Jason trims a lot more than I do and I rarely have needed to reinforce anything. Only time I have needed to reinforce is when I accidentally get a "wrinkle" in the adhesive. I might see that happen twice a month.....maybe.
Experience will make things easier and faster but people do have to have a little bit of patience to start with until they learn this way of doing stuff. It really isn't all that difficult.....looks harder than it really is.

I was quite amazed though when I saw just how much trimming Jason did....that's a lot more than I do plus the angle I apply the adhesive is not quite the same angle he uses.

Trial and error....just like we do with fitting any other mask.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:04 pm

lazarus wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:33 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:52 pm
. . . reduce denting and . . . bags under my eyes from straps inhibiting fluid dispersion in the tissues under my eyes.
The price you ladies pay to be beautiful!

Makes sense.

Ladies? Nay. We gents have similar issues with bags under the eyes, just either don’t notice or care about them. I have been waiting on the Eclipse and look forward to trying them over the holiday break.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Stuart said the angle should be about at the 10 o clock and 2 o clock of your face. They halos are actually 25 degrees I think, same as Dreamports right?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:13 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:44 pm
Stuart said the angle should be about at the 10 o clock and 2 o clock of your face. They halos are actually 25 degrees I think, same as Dreamports right?
I think it depends on the person....I never worried so much about angles as I did just sticking the darn things on and having them stay on.
The weight of the frame/hose always seemed to end up evening things out....at least for me.
I know I have had one of the dreamports point straight down and the other one make a left turn and end up being horizontal until I attached the hose then they self corrected.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:29 pm

Jlfinkels wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:04 pm
gents have similar issues with bags under the eyes, just either don’t notice or care about them.
I remain fully content in my ugliness. And the bags under my eyes help me convince myself that in person I am projecting a persona of scholarly detachment. :)
---

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:20 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:39 pm
lazarus wrote:
Thanks, Pugsy.

Oh yeah, good advice.
Yeah, the microphone clipped onto his chest hair WAS distracting.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:19 am

Uhhmm... Pugsy wasn't feeling too well which, I guess, is why she posted an older link, that was a preview (chest hairs and all...)

The Lanky Lefty's newest eclipse review is here:

No need for chaperones and it's a bit more detailed.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:49 am

ozij wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:19 am
Uhhmm... Pugsy wasn't feeling too well which, I guess, is why she posted an older link, that was a preview (chest hairs and all...)

I thought that was the one she meant, but I didn't want to say anything. I've seen threads go awry for pointing out certain things to people and didn't want that to happen here.
Just want everyone to see what a great company this is. Everything he says in this video is true (from what I remember). I've been using Dreamports since May and pre-ordered this Summer so I've been eagerly awaiting these.

Unfortunate for the setbacks in shipping, but I think it will definitely be worth the wait. I really like how they made the main connection dongle more flexible, I think that will help a lot.

I honestly don't think I would be using CPAP if it weren't for the Bleep products.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:37 am

ozij wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:19 am

Well crap....I thought for sure that I had the latest video but it's a bit of a long story why I got the wrong link which I won't bore you with.
I fixed my first post to now show corrected link.
Thank you for pointing that out.
jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:49 am
I thought that was the one she meant, but I didn't want to say anything.
When in doubt you can always send me (or anyone) a private message and simply ask "did you mean so and so"....I don't mind PMs and I don't mind polite questions because I know I am not perfect and I make mistakes and I am more than willing to admit and fix them.

To everyone.....
Yes....I have been ill and I am the first to admit that things have been rough and I am for sure not on my A game. I have been so ill that my electrolytes are all f....ed up. Plain and simple and let me tell you guys that electrolytes are really important. There's more to things than just feeling like dog shit when your body chemistry goes wacko.

Here's sort of what happened..
Stuart texted me a link to Jason's new video via my phone. I couldn't ever get the video to load on my phone. Have no idea why I had that problem but instead of asking Stuart to resend the link I decided to just look for it on the inner web and thought I had found the correct video but since I never saw the first link I didn't realize I had the wrong video in front of me. I did watch that video though...seemed to be the right one but obviously I screwed up since it wasn't the latest review video but I didn't know it and the brain just wasn't functioning clearly enough to question things.
Plus I will admit to being dazzled by the chest hairs..... :lol: :lol: I may be old but I can still appreciate a fine looking man. :shock:
Even better when he is half naked.

Sorry for the confusion folks. That does explain some of the weird questions though....I was wondering where some of those came from.

So everyone.....apparently this is the correct link