Aveo TSD comments and questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
metallikat36

Aveo TSD comments and questions

Post by metallikat36 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:04 pm

For almost 3 weeks I have been sleeping without my BPAP. Sleep quality is a little worse, but I am trying to make this work, especially to avoid aerophagia. I've been sleeping with the Aveo TSD. I tried it in the past and it failed. The differences now are:

1. I have been more diligent and skillful in doing tongue and throat exercises, and my tongue positioning has clearly improved. I have a routine of 60 exercises. Takes about one hour on days that I do them.
2. Intake Breathing nasal dilators work great for the sinuses. I wear a second Breathe Right strip above it as well.
3. This time I am using the Aveo TSD while simultaneously wearing my bite guard. This alleviates the teeth biting the tongue, and also seems to keep it from slipping off the tongue as much. It has also for some reason made it more comfortable to wear the TSD over the lips (further advanced) as opposed to over the gums (less advanced).

I would not have even tried this again, except that one night I was vomiting due to other health issues and did not want to swallow air on top of that - at least for a while until the gut settled down. I was surprised this seemed viable now.

Also, they have spacers that you can clip onto the TSD and advance your tongue another 4mm. But they seem to only ship to Austraila:
https://piksters.com/product/zzweb-aveouclip/

Questions:
1. Anyone know where to get cheap unbranded version of Aveo TSD in the small and large sizes? All the cheapos on Ebay seem to be medium. (BTW, once I bought a cheapo on Ebay and it was literally branded as Aveo TSD. I think they aren't knockocks at all, but literally the same product).
2. Does the tongue soreness ever go away? The front of the tongue is molded into a lump when I wake up in the morning. I really use max suction to keep it from falling off. I am hoping large size might be a bit better.
3. Anyone know where I can get the spacer in the US?