Mask fit

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mothership65

Mask fit

Post by Mothership65 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:09 am

Hi everyone
I’ve been using my airsense 10 autoset for nearly 2 months now but I’m finding the airfit f20 mask quite uncomfortable. The bridge of my nose is bruised and I feel that the mask slides down my nose making it hard to breathe. I’ve tried several adjustments of the head gear but I’m having no luck. I’ve also tried a mask liner which didn’t help either. I also wake up with a headache is this normal?

Julie

Re: Mask fit

Post by Julie » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:51 am

You can try the v. large variety of masks through most dealers (e.g. see Cpap.com) allowing you to return what doesn't work within a few wks, usually for a small fee, but do call them to ask about their policies.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:15 am

Years ago, I tried "real" FFM's - tried a number, couldn't tolerate them.

When I need an FFM nowadays, I use the Resmed F30. They also have an F30i - with a hose connecton on top of the headgear. Both cradle your nose and encircle your mouth and have nothing on the bridge of your nose.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:06 pm

My wife and I have both transitioned from the F20 to the F30 mask. It is the most comfortable mask I have used ( 7 1/2 years).

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:35 pm

@ Mothership - is it possible that you have the wrong size cushion? That can make a huge difference. When you originally got the mask, it should have come with a sizing template. If not, go to ResMed website and search for the mask then the sizing template. Just a thought.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

Mothership65

Post by Mothership65 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:33 am

Thanks everyone I have an appointment with the Sleep Service tomorrow so I’ll ask about the F30 mask :D