Dreamwear headgear used with AirFit N30i Nasal Cushion ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
watertrails

Dreamwear headgear used with AirFit N30i Nasal Cushion ?

Post by watertrails » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:12 pm

I was under the impression that with the dreamwear headgear with wings would work with both the dreamwear nasal cusion; and ALSO would work with the and also AirFit N30i Cushion . But the AirFit N30i Cushion wont work with the dreamwear headgear because there is a clip on bot the headgear and the airfit nasal cusion, so you cant connect them. Can you pull the clip out of the AirFit N30i Cushion and make it work ? Or was i wrong that you can use the dreamwear headgear with the AirFit N30i Cushion ?

robysue1

Re: Dreamwear headgear used with AirFit N30i Nasal Cushion ?

Post by robysue1 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:36 pm

Dreamwear masks are made by PR. The AirFit N30i Cushion is made by Resmed.

In general cushions from one company are not going to fit headgear made by another company even if the masks look very similar to each other.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:03 am

I use the Respironics DreamWear headgear with arms, on my ResMed P30i frame and it works great. Better than the strap that came with my mask, as it no longer rides up. The P30i frame is the same frame as the N30i

I cut another set of slots in the arms so I could tighten them more.

A few others have commented on preferring the PR headgear with arms over the P/N30i to stop mask the from riding up.

watertrails

Post by watertrails » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:50 pm

But do you still need the resmed frame headgear to attach the dreamwear arms too ? I only have the dreanwear head gear, And the clips on the n30i make it incapatable for the dreamwear head gear. The purpose was to try a airfit nasal cushion when i only have the dreamwear head piece. the clips make it so it wont work. THe dreamwear nasal cusion collects water when its cold and the air vent makes a super loud whisle noise because of it. The dreamwear has a slit and the airfit has a lot a of little holes for the air vent. Unfortuently they gave me a luna maching that doesnt support a heated hose and the condensation is bad when its cold out.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:19 am

What exactly are you asking?

You keep moving the goal posts.

The Respironics strap can work with the ResMed P/N30i mask, as demonstrated by the pictures I posted.

I don't know what you're on about the cushion, clips, air vent, slit, and Luna.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:38 pm

watertrails wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:50 pm
The purpose was to try a airfit nasal cushion when i only have the dreamwear head piece.
The AirFit cushion will NOT fit the DreamWear frame.

The headgear straps from a mask kit occasionally may fit and be used with frames from other mask kits.
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

watertrails

Post by watertrails » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:30 pm

thanks . i know for sure now it wont work