New machine (AirSense 10) → New leaks/High Than Normal AHI

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tattooyu

New machine (AirSense 10) → New leaks/High Than Normal AHI

Post by tattooyu » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:45 am

Greetings,

I have a bit of an enigma with which I could use some help. Last week, I upgraded from a ResMed S9 Autoset to a ResMed AirSense 10 (card-to-cloud). Since then, I've been having higher than normal AHI and leaks.

My usual numbers are between 0.0 (when I'm lucky) and 0.5, with the odd bad cluster of nights here and there, but those are very few and far between. My leaks tend to be 0–12 (ish) L/min.

My new setup is nearly identical to my old setup:
  • AirFit P10
  • PAPcap chinstrap
  • 15-18 cm H2O
  • EPR 1, full time
  • Ramp off
The differences:
  • The machine itself
  • The right angle elbow adapter for the main hose where it attaches to the machine
  • The "Response" setting -- I've tried "soft" and "standard"
  • Non-heated SlimLine tubing; the ClimateLine tubing is on its way!
Lately, I've been having 0.7+ nights -- for me, anything above 0.5 AHI, and I feel pretty awful -- up to 1.7 AHI with leaks in the 20s and 30s. My pressure reads as 15.0 every morning on the machine. There are a few non-machine factors that could be contributing to this. My stomach is off, and that usually seems to disrupt my sleep.
  • I ate something that caused inflammation in my gut (I can feel it),
  • I have an international solo trip coming up soon (nerves), and
  • This is the time of year that something very traumatic happened in 2008, and my body remembers.
With that said, I'm going to keep an eye on it, and when I get back home, I'm going to order an SD card reader to get a better look at the data in OSCAR. My computer only has a slot for the small SD cards. :| I'm going to try a fresh chinstrap with my PAPcap and see if that helps. I know it's difficult to ascertain without the OSCAR data, but I wanted to at least start this thread before I forgot.
Sleep well and live better!