Respiration rate

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
smith2

Respiration rate

Post by smith2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:43 am

I've read a few things on the forum where respiration rate can be an artifact. However, I've noticed a few different things using different masks
-nasal mask (dreamware) vs a hybrid (evora). Typically when the hybrid is in use, I'll wake up with a ton of moisture and heat coming from inside the mask, sometimes the moisture rolls down and seems to cause quite a bit of leaking. I don't use the humidifier. Dreamware, I dont have this issue, however there are other issues I dont use this mask all the time. When I view the data, there are definite points in time where respiration is bumping up against 50 for anywhere from 15 minutes to and hour. Flow rate at these points is heavy and appears rapid. As the inside of the mask is moist, I feel there is rapid breathing causing the buildup of moisture. I never see this type of activity with the dreamware. I'd like to think its just rem sleep. 02 levels dont drop during these periods or are stable. HR stays within a non excessive range. The av for the night using the hybrid is usually over 22/23...the nasal is around 17. Using Air Sense 10. 8-9 pressure. I do have a severe afib issue, but think if its a cardio artifact, I'd also see with dreamware mask? As the 02 levels are stable, keeps me from being overly concerned. Thoughts appreciated.