OBSTRUCTIVE AND CENTRAL APNEAS

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
samir

OBSTRUCTIVE AND CENTRAL APNEAS

Post by samir » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:38 am

Hi,

On 14th August, I had my AHI at 3.62 when at a min pressure of 10.5 and a max of 20.0 . I felt groggy the whole day and my sleep report had a high number of events (Attached). I adjusted the pressure to a min of 14.0 and a max of 20.0 on the 15th August. My report (Also attached) looks terrible and worse than it was a day earlier. My AHI has increased from 3.62 to 7.22 and feel dizzy and still groggy. I use an autoCPAP and when I woke up in the morning, I checked the machines pressure reading before switching it off. The pressure was at 15.9. Can somebody explain what is happening? am confused.

I was not able to upload the report using the forums attachment feature but here is the link.

https://imgur.com/a/Qjlc4sI

palerider

Re: OBSTRUCTIVE AND CENTRAL APNEAS

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:57 pm

samir wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:38 am
Hi,

On 14th August, I had my AHI at 3.62 when at a min pressure of 10.5 and a max of 20.0 . I felt groggy the whole day and my sleep report had a high number of events (Attached). I adjusted the pressure to a min of 14.0 and a max of 20.0 on the 15th August. My report (Also attached) looks terrible and worse than it was a day earlier. My AHI has increased from 3.62 to 7.22 and feel dizzy and still groggy. I use an autoCPAP and when I woke up in the morning, I checked the machines pressure reading before switching it off. The pressure was at 15.9. Can somebody explain what is happening? am confused.

I was not able to upload the report using the forums attachment feature but here is the link.

https://imgur.com/a/Qjlc4sI
If you look at the actual pressures, there was almost no difference, which tells you that your starting pressure of 10.5 is too low for your needs.

That said, sleep varies from night to night. work on averages.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

samir

Post by samir » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:29 pm

@palerider could you please expound further on your statement. What do you mean by no difference in actual pressures?

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:06 pm

Pressure settings vs pressures reached on using the machine?

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 pm

I think PR alludes to the actual pressures reached (not the settings, but the actual results) for the two days being very similar.''

I am confused about one thing. Samir has increased the minimum pressure to 14, which is close to the median pressure actually recorded on the two nights. Why hasn't this increase produced better results? I hope PR responds.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:06 pm

clownbell wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 pm
I think PR alludes to the actual pressures reached (not the settings, but the actual results) for the two days being very similar.''

I am confused about one thing. Samir has increased the minimum pressure to 14, which is close to the median pressure actually recorded on the two nights. Why hasn't this increase produced better results? I hope PR responds.
If someone doesn't quote me, then I may not see the request for info, cuz the forum won't show a reply.

So, as to why it hasn't produced better results, there's a lot of variables, and that's why, when trying to dial in the right settings, one has to work with averages.

The next night might have been better, or just the same as the previous night. Most of the time it's better to work to averages, because you can have big variation with *no* changes at all.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:56 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:06 pm

So, as to why it hasn't produced better results, there's a lot of variables, and that's why, when trying to dial in the right settings, one has to work with averages.

The next night might have been better, or just the same as the previous night. Most of the time it's better to work to averages, because you can have big variation with *no* changes at all.
I'm constantly amazed at how many people look at a single nights numbers and give it more attention than their last 6 months of averages.

Using OSCAR's Statistics page we can even use it to see averages and trends. Unfortunately, too many button warriors can't leave things alone long enough to establish meaningful trends.

clownbell wrote:
I hope PR responds.
See how your notification icon at top of webpage lit-up. That's how you get somebody's attention. Much more effective than praying.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:46 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:56 am
clownbell wrote:
I hope PR responds.
See how your notification icon at top of webpage lit-up. That's how you get somebody's attention. Much more effective than praying.
I don't usually respond to prayers.