Urgent:Need To borrow or low rent Airsense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Arlenessleep

Urgent:Need To borrow or low rent Airsense 10

Post by Arlenessleep » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:25 pm

I ordered a new machine 4 months ago because current Airsense 10 acting up and my insurance covers replacement after 5 hrs. (Almost at yr 7]. Earlier this week my old machine died. I’m 80 yrs old and have a lot of extra health issues without CPAP. Called Resmed and DME provider (Sleepquest). Both were vague about promised delivery date of new one…”sometime in September”. Apparently repair and a loaner from DME will cost upwards of 500! Insurance won’t cover, which also seems outrageous since it is not my responsibility that new machine delivery has been delayed all year. Is there some community clearinghouse that loans CPAP machines or rents them at reasonable rates? Much thanks for any suggestions.

D.H.

Re: Urgent:Need To borrow or low rent Airsense 10

Post by D.H. » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:28 pm

The American Sleep Apnea Association had a program to make CPAP machines (not necessarily new ones) available for low cost to those who do not have adequate insurance or other means to afford it.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the CPAP machine shortage, it's not clear if the program is operational at this time. However, they are taking donations of used machines, so perhaps it is operational in some manner.

In any case, don't expect to be able to choose your brand or model (they won't send an unremediated recall-affected machine).

Link to machine donation site ===> https://www.sleephealth.org/asaa/cpap-machine-donation/

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:58 pm

Arlenessleep did you ever get a cpap to use?
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:05 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:58 pm
Arlenessleep did you ever get a cpap to use?
hasn't been back since the question was asked.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:59 pm

Just because the profile shows the last time someone logged in doesn’t necessarily equal that someone hasn’t been back to read stuff here,
All it means is that someone hasn’t logged in.

You only need to be logged in to post…….you don’t have to log in to just read.

We really have no way to know for sure if someone hasn’t been back….we can only know last log in time and date.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:10 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:59 pm
Just because the profile shows the last time someone logged in doesn’t necessarily equal that someone hasn’t been back to read stuff here,
All it means is that someone hasn’t logged in.

You only need to be logged in to post…….you don’t have to log in to just read.

We really have no way to know for sure if someone hasn’t been back….we can only know last log in time and date.
I'd also add that if one's login status is set to "Hide online status" then even logging in will not update the Last Active status.

I set Hide online status to On, therefore my Last Active status will always be the time and date of my last post or a "-", not my last login.