Élan vs. Sleepweaver 3D?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cwws44

Élan vs. Sleepweaver 3D?

Post by cwws44 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:24 pm

I pretty much hate anything touching the bridge of my nose, and don’t get along with nasal pillows or full face masks. I have a Sleepweaver Advance that’s great when it actually seals, but I get a lot of leaks toward my eyes.

I think I’d fit one of these options better, but I don’t know which. Can anyone tell me the differences between them? They look nearly identical.

cwws44

Re: Élan vs. Sleepweaver 3D?

Post by cwws44 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:31 pm

My decision is: neither! I found a strong recommendation for the 3D over the Élan, but that both had issues with leaking toward eyes.

So I took what I learned about making cloth masks in 2020 and added a pipe cleaner to my Sleepweaver Advance. Each end goes around/through the headgear loop on each side, and the middle of the pipe cleaner goes through the same hole at the top that the elastic goes through. The pipe cleaner needs a sharp bend at the middle, then I press toward the spots where it leaks. In 2 nights, I was awoken once by a leak, and only leaked 3-6 L/h total. Those 2 nights match my 2 best nights in the previous week with my N20, with many nights much worse, and no nose irritation!

I just got an N30i today. 🤞 that it’s a good option for me too.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Élan vs. Sleepweaver 3D?

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:17 pm

On my Elan I tied a silicone "rubber band" to the hard plastic gasket on the swivel,
with dental floss, and linked that to the top of the headgear with a short chain of silicone bands.
(Remember the colored silicone bracelets worn in bunches by little girls?)
This stabilized the cushion of my elan well enough so that it would behave.