AirCurve 11 release imminent?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dog Slobber

AirCurve 11 release imminent?

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:01 am

One of the requirements for Radio Frequency devices in the US is FCC approval, a (partially) public process. The Resmed AirCurve 11 device applications have been submitted to the FCC and are now available on the FCC tracking sites.

No Surprises, the AirCurve 11 devices retain the same model name as the 10s:
  • AirCurve 11 ASV
  • AirCurve 11 VAuto
  • Aircurve 11 S
  • AirCurve 11 ST
The device's SD card reader cover suggests the same form factor as the AirSense 11 and within the application is a short-term request for confidentially for photographs and user manual for 180 days. This suggests a release within 6 months.

FWIW, the Airsense 11 line-up showed up on the FCC sites in Feb 2021 and the devices released August.

icipher

Re: AirCurve 11 release imminent?

Post by icipher » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:56 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:01 am
One of the requirements for Radio Frequency devices in the US is FCC approval, a (partially) public process. The Resmed AirCurve 11 device applications have been submitted to the FCC and are now available on the FCC tracking sites.

No Surprises, the AirCurve 11 devices retain the same model name as the 10s:
  • AirCurve 11 ASV
  • AirCurve 11 VAuto
  • Aircurve 11 S
  • AirCurve 11 ST
The device's SD card reader cover suggests the same form factor as the AirSense 11 and within the application is a short-term request for confidentially for photographs and user manual for 180 days. This suggests a release within 6 months.

FWIW, the Airsense 11 line-up showed up on the FCC sites in Feb 2021 and the devices released August.
Any new updates on this? I can't seem to find any new exciting information around potential release date. I wonder if Respironic's current struggles are allowing Resmed to delay release of the 11.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:51 am

World economy and supply lines are totally screwed up lately.
That is the main factor that drives availability of raw materials and finished products
Just keep your eyes open--waiting is hard; but inevitable.
Patience is hardest for patients.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:24 am

The CEO was discussing supply chain issues and a shortage of chips a few months ago on CNBC. And not just a shortage of chips, but the ones that do exist are going to other places than largely home healthcare devices.

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

mark412

Post by mark412 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:44 pm

The FCC document hold has been lifted.

AirCurve 11 internal and external photographs, the user manual, and some other information are available at the FCC site.

As with the AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10, the general design of the AirCurve 11 appears to be identical to that of the AirSense 11.

However, comparing the AirCurve 11 circuit board photographs to those documented for the AirSense 11, while very similar, does indicate some differences.

It's possible that these could just be newer revisions of the same functional circuit board, or it may indicate that the AirSense 11 and AirCurve 11 actually have different hardware, unlike the AS10/AC10.

Wonder when these will be released?

Funkdoobiest

Post by Funkdoobiest » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm

Still waiting patiently. Hopefully Aircurve 11 ASV will be released soon.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:26 pm

Funkdoobiest wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm
Still waiting patiently. Hopefully Aircurve 11 ASV will be released soon.
That reminds me, I should post the two S9 VPAP Adapt's I have and see if someone can use them.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

timba1210

Post by timba1210 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:38 am

Has anyone heard any news on this? Despite the FCC registration having popped up over a year ago now, there still seems to be no news on an AirCurve 11.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:54 pm

timba1210 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:38 am
Has anyone heard any news on this? Despite the FCC registration having popped up over a year ago now, there still seems to be no news on an AirCurve 11.
Nobody here has an inside line to Resmed's brain trust, and if they did, they'd have had to have signed a NDA and couldn't tell you anyway.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ignorant1

Post by ignorant1 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:25 pm

Hypothetical question about personal preferences (if you don't mind): 

If replacement time for your current ASV machine was coming up, and IF the Aircurve 11 was imminently being released for sale, would you personally wait for the Aircurve 11, or stick with the 10 series machine?

(Curious to know, as I'm not familiar with the general consensus about the 10 vs. 11 series machines.)
Thanks in advance for any opinions or advice!
“Ignorance” is not pejorative; it is simply a lack of information. “Stupidity” is an inability to utilize available information.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:52 pm

ignorant1 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:25 pm
If replacement time for your current ASV machine was coming up, and IF the Aircurve 11 was imminently being released for sale, would you personally wait for the Aircurve 11, or stick with the 10 series machine?
Any supplies you have for the 10 prob won't fit.

Does the 11 have something you can't live without?

To be perfectly clear, I wouldn't but hey it's your call.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:17 pm

As long as you cannot order it--WITH A SHIP DATE--it is not yet available.
Besides, first adopters always get to deal with bugs. And higher prices.
Let somebody else have all the surprises.
I like to wait until the gremlins shake out before buying something new.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:45 pm

ignorant1 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:25 pm
Hypothetical question about personal preferences (if you don't mind): 

(Curious to know, as I'm not familiar with the general consensus about the 10 vs. 11 series machines.)
Thanks in advance for any opinions or advice!
if it were up to me (and HEY it is!), i'd stick with the 10 series. proven technology and all that rot.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ignorant1

Post by ignorant1 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:54 am

Thank you for your input! I figured that sticking with the "tried & true" S10 would likely be the correct approach, but I wanted to see if there are any significant benefits in the S11 platform versus the S10.

Because the S11 machines have been out for a while, I was pondering the thought that maybe the bugs have been worked out of the platform by now - and that could potentially reflect well on the new Aircurve machines. (?)

As for long-term reliability & durability, I guess we won't know until the S11 machines have proven themselves in years to come.

Thanks again everyone!
“Ignorance” is not pejorative; it is simply a lack of information. “Stupidity” is an inability to utilize available information.