Hack for ResMed N30i Headgear if it is too big

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cjj62

Hack for ResMed N30i Headgear if it is too big

Post by cjj62 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:30 am

I had to fight for a month to get a small N30i frame...(My DME provider kept insisting the Standard frame was one-size-fits-all!) The problem was that the frame was waaaay too big and kept falling off. Well, finally I get the small frame, and it's better, but still too big. The headgear keeps drawing up, the frame shifts, and I get large leaks. So I have ordered the dreamwear headgear with arms that people say will help, but until it comes, I finally designed a hack that works! I took a strip of 1 inch elastic and attached it to the slots the headgear goes into, with a loop of thread, so it doesn't interfere with the headgear and can move freely. Now the headgear goes around the back of the head, and the elastic goes around the base of the skull, keeping the whole assembly from creeping up. Sometimes the elastic moves up a bit, but it still holds the whole thing on. Finally, after over a month I am finally getting acceptable leak amounts. Why ResMed never thought of this is beyond me! if the Dreamware one doesn't work, I will refine this hack a bit, making it adjustable...