Shallow Breather Oscar Screenshots

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ShallowBreather

Re: Shallow Breather Oscar Screenshots

Post by ShallowBreather » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:23 pm
You don't happen to have an overnight recording pulse oximeter do you or did you?
I do. O2 is on the screenshots that I attached. Do you need pulse too?
AirCurve 10 ASV :D
Min PS 5.0 Max Ps 10.0 EPAP 6.0
P10 pillows

ShallowBreather

Post by ShallowBreather » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:44 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:33 pm
Anyway, I think you really have to figure out what you need to control OSA and don't chase stuff that is bad sleep. That's just going to need some Dial Wingin' (and maybe you're actually there already), but more important, what are you doing about your bad sleep?
We’ll, honestly, I thought I was treating my bad sleep by getting on a machine that would prevent me from having all those arousals/awakenings.

I’m more than happy to play with the dials, so let me ask this. Can I set up this machine to something that would show something like a baseline for centrals? Maybe really low ipap/epap, just enough to get air, with no backup rate?

Because with the machine, I’m not showing any centrals and the hypopneas are almost all during awakened times.
P10 pillows

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:54 pm

ShallowBreather wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:23 pm
You don't happen to have an overnight recording pulse oximeter do you or did you?
I do. O2 is on the screenshots that I attached. Do you need pulse too?
Hmmm....I don't see SpO2 graphs on the reports above. I see respiration rate and tidal volume but I don't see oxygen related graphs at least on the ones in this thread unless I am blind.
FWIW...we don't really need respiration rate or tidal volume graphs for overall evaluations.

No, I don't really need pulse rate.
What I was wondering is how your oxygen levels were doing now that you were on the ST machine.
Like if you were having bad drops without any machine....did the bad drops go away with this machine at these settings?
Now if you weren't having bad drops in O2 without any machine....maybe different discussion to have along the lines of what Rubicon has alluded to.
I read your sleep reports...minor drop but not horribly horrible drops and not for very long. But by your own admission and per the study....you had crappy sleep. Would it have been worse in REM...maybe and maybe not.

I was sort of thinking out loud. :D

Oh....the main drawback to this machine...it won't clearly mark centrals or obstructives separately. They both get dumped in the UA/unclassified basket. I always thought that a machine to treat centrals should at least tell us if centrals weren't being treated but ResMed didn't ask my opinion on things. But I also understand they given optimal settings the centrals won't happen because they will be treated immediately...so in theory nothing to record or report.
BUT...that only happens with optimal settings.

I am pretty sure that if this machine even has CPAP mode available that it will still use the UA basket.
At least that is what I found when I played around with a ST machine in both S and cpap mode. Everything went in the UA basket.
But if there are zero UAs.....that means zero obstructives and zero centrals if someone were to use CPAP or S mode.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ShallowBreather

Post by ShallowBreather » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:54 pm

Hmmm....I don't see SpO2 graphs on the reports above. I see respiration rate and tidal volume but I don't see oxygen related graphs at least on the ones in this thread unless I am blind.
FWIW...we don't really need respiration rate or tidal volume graphs for overall evaluations.
I'm including two from last night (I thought I already did, but, hey, I have sleep brain).

The first is the full night. It was a better night for me. I remember waking about 4 times, but was able to quickly go back to sleep.

The second screenshot is a closeup of the time leading up to one of the hypopneas where I believe I was asleep. I looked at the time on the O2ring when I woke up, and I remember that being about 4:30 am.

Thanks!
Attachments
screenshot-20220426-222839.png
screenshot-20220426-222839.png (118.48 KiB) Viewed 528 times
screenshot-20220426-221221.png
screenshot-20220426-221221.png (129.04 KiB) Viewed 528 times
P10 pillows

ShallowBreather

Post by ShallowBreather » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:23 am

What a rough night. I decided to try the Simplus again instead of the pillows mask, and I had leaks everywhere. I also woke up a lot, seemed like every hour until maybe 5 am.

The closeup chart shows a period where I had several hypopneas followed by what appears to be a central and my lowest O2 of the night. The problem is that I don't know whether I was asleep or not. LOL
Attachments
screenshot-20220429-101932.png
screenshot-20220429-101932.png (119.54 KiB) Viewed 485 times
screenshot-20220429-102002.png
screenshot-20220429-102002.png (127.47 KiB) Viewed 485 times
P10 pillows

ShallowBreather

Post by ShallowBreather » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Hello everyone. It’s been about a year since I posted.

I recently spoke with my sleep doctor, and told them that I have not been a fan of the ST machine, and shared with her the hardships that I’ve been having with it the last year. Long story short, she has agreed to have a new sleep study for the ASV machine. I also have to have an echocardiogram.

My question is, since I’m starting on a new type of machine in my journey, should I start a new thread or just keep my stuff here ?

Wish me luck
P10 pillows

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:04 pm

Just start a new thread when you start with the new machine and just put a link to this thread in your first post so anyone who wants more history can just click on the link and read it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.