Dreamwear nasal cushion whistling

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hbananas

Dreamwear nasal cushion whistling

Post by hbananas » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:47 am

I've been using a Dreamwear mask for about a year. My husband also uses the same type, except that my frame is medium and the cushion small, and his has a large frame and medium cushion.

Love the mask, but something seems to be going wrong with quality control. I buy pairs of cushions for each of us so we can do the wear one/wash one bit and extend the cushion life. Of the last batch of four cushions purchased, three have developed whistles or kazoo sounds. The first one that went bad right away had raggedy edges in the vent hole, and I got a courtesy replacement. There is nothing visibly wrong with the other two, but they just went rogue all of a sudden. Sometimes the problem can be corrected by manipulating the cushion to stretch the vent hole and clear out condensation, but that's not working now. If you plug the ends of the perfectly dry cushion and blow into the nose slit, the noise is replicated. If you simply turn the cushion around and blow through the vent hole, you also get the whistle.

I'm at my wit's end. I can't keep buying new cushions only to replace them a month after purchase. I only asked CPAP.com to replace the one with the obvious defect. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't enjoy gambling.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset w/ HumidAir integrated humidifier; Rx Pressure 11; Swift FX for Her; Missouri

MrPossum

Re: Dreamwear nasal cushion whistling

Post by MrPossum » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:45 pm

Thirteen years later.... did you ever get a solution to this? I recently got a dreamwear mask, which i like, but yes, the kazoo noise, like a balloon deflating through a pinched neck, is too weird.