Water Resevoir stuck

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Crystll222

Water Resevoir stuck

Post by Crystll222 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi All,
I have a ResMed AirSense 10. The water resevoir is totally stuck in the machine. As you probably know, it's supposed to slide into and out of the main device easily. And it has, until now. Now it's stuck so tight, it seems like it's glued into the main part. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any idea how to separate the resevoir from the body?
Thanks.
Crystll222

zabeth

Re: Water Resevoir stuck

Post by zabeth » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:49 am

Be careful, I damaged the back of my thumb from trying to pull out the tray. I have had the same machine for nearly four years and have numbness and tingling, surgery was recommended but it is feeling better for now. I also use my left hand to pull it out now. I have a garden tool which helps remove the tray, it's a asparagus fork/knife, a weeder. I got mine at Lowe's, it's ~$5.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Yardsmith-7-in ... 1000383861
The steel fork part might be a little thick if the tray cannot be wedged away a bit first. Others can be found on Amazon. Having the handle helps with needed strength.
You are absolutely not the first to have problems pulling out the tray on the ResMed machine. I think it is a very good machine otherwise. I also have arthritis at the base of my thumb which is probably contributory to fraying the nerve fibers. Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Zabeth

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:44 am

Press down on the white tab with your thumb and pull out, or give it a little twist. There have been messages before from people having trouble, but it does come out, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6w6fCwxrU

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:58 am

Sometime stuff on the bottom of humidifier can fuse to the heater plate.

Try inserting a butter knife under the tank to separate them. Careful you don't dump any remaining water into the machine.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:59 am

Reduced hand strength seems to be an issue.
No idea if Resmed has addressed it with the Airsense 11..

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:38 am

Crystll222 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 pm
Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any idea how to separate the resevoir from the body?
I've not had the problem but from what I've read the problem comes from when the gasket cover is closed while the gasket is out of place making the cover stick up just a bit more. So this requires more force to remove it.

One way around it, after correcting the seal placement, is to leave the cover closed and use the two hole for adding more water. Just be careful not to overfill.

IF you're using distilled water you won't have to open this cover for cleaning (as often).

HTH
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:06 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:58 am

Try inserting a butter knife under the tank to separate them. Careful you don't dump any remaining water into the machine.
The heater plate doesn't get THAT hot that something would 'fuse' the two together. Well ok, maybe if you had candle wax or melted crayons all over the thing then they might stick together. If that's the case, just allow the thing to warm up and then remove the reservoir.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:58 am

Conrad wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:06 am
Dog Slobber wrote:

The heater plate doesn't get THAT hot that something would 'fuse' the two together. Well ok, maybe if you had candle wax or melted crayons all over the thing then they might stick together. If that's the case, just allow the thing to warm up and then remove the reservoir.
Ash6555 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:22 am
My reservoir was stuck in place. It took me two hours to wiggle, tug and ply it out. It was stuck on the bottom not at the top. On inspection, once i finally wrestled it out, I noticed that there was a sticky substance on the plate in the machine. Once I cleaned that out everything was fine. Now I check regularly.
Tom Magarian wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:28 am
Today no matter how hard I yanked on the tank, I could not remove it. Upon investigating it further, I found that the stainless steel bottom of the tank had cemented itself to the stainless steel heating element.
Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:48 pm
I had the same problem. Finally got it loose. I think when i refilled the tank last night I set it down in something slightly sticky and the two metal elements baked themselves together. It seemed like the tank was glued in and not pinned by a part. Try wiggling it side to side. I guess they mean it when they say clean the tank regularly!

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:58 am
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if posters came back to tell us if the problem was resolved and what worked?

Respirator99

Post by Respirator99 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:59 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:05 pm
Wouldn't it be nice if posters came back to tell us if the problem was resolved and what worked?
Fair go Larry! She only joined yesterday. Not everybody is glued to their device 24/7.
* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* An alternative to Oscar - try SleepHQ

I have no medical training or qualifications. Take my advice for what it's worth.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:30 pm

Respirator99 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:59 pm
LSAT wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:05 pm
Fair go Larry! She only joined yesterday. Not everybody is glued to their device 24/7.
Most are only glued to it 8x7.

However, you wanna take bets on whether either of the first time posters in the thread come back?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:16 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Conrad wrote:
Dog Slobber wrote:

Ash6555 wrote:
My reservoir was stuck in place. It took me two hours to wiggle, tug and ply it out. It was stuck on the bottom not at the top. On inspection, once i finally wrestled it out, I noticed that there was a sticky substance on the plate in the machine. Once I cleaned that out everything was fine. Now I check regularly.
Tom Magarian wrote:
Today no matter how hard I yanked on the tank, I could not remove it. Upon investigating it further, I found that the stainless steel bottom of the tank had cemented itself to the stainless steel heating element.
Guest wrote:
I had the same problem. Finally got it loose. I think when i refilled the tank last night I set it down in something slightly sticky and the two metal elements baked themselves together. It seemed like the tank was glued in and not pinned by a part. Try wiggling it side to side. I guess they mean it when they say clean the tank regularly!
What do all of these (except one) above have in common?

"I noticed that there was a sticky substance on the plate in the machine. "

"I think when i refilled the tank last night I set it down in something slightly sticky and the two metal elements baked themselves together."

Stainless steel does not "fuse together" at the temps the heating plate gets up to. I'm sure that the one case posted above also had some substance on the bottom of the reservoir that, when heated, glued the two together.

How hot do you think the heating plate gets up to? At what temp do you think that two stainless steel plates would have to be heated to in order for them to fuse together?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:26 am

Conrad wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:16 am
Dog Slobber wrote:
Conrad wrote:
Dog Slobber wrote:

Ash6555 wrote:
Tom Magarian wrote:
Guest wrote:
What do all of these (except one) above have in common?

"I noticed that there was a sticky substance on the plate in the machine. "

"I think when i refilled the tank last night I set it down in something slightly sticky and the two metal elements baked themselves together."

Stainless steel does not "fuse together" at the temps the heating plate gets up to. I'm sure that the one case posted above also had some substance on the bottom of the reservoir that, when heated, glued the two together.

How hot do you think the heating plate gets up to? At what temp do you think that two stainless steel plates would have to be heated to in order for them to fuse together?

I never said that the two stainless steel plates would fuse together.

I said "stuff on the bottom of humidifier can fuse to the heater plate".

Those examples I presented are exactly what I described.

Why you incorrectly, interpreted my description of "stuff on the humidifier fusing" as "two stainless steel plates" fusing together is beyond me?

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:26 am

I never said that the two stainless steel plates would fuse together.

I said "stuff on the bottom of humidifier can fuse to the heater plate".

Those examples I presented are exactly what I described.

Why you incorrectly, interpreted my description of "stuff on the humidifier fusing" as "two stainless steel plates" fusing together is beyond me?
You're right and I'm wrong, my bad. I guess that I should practice what I preach about reading comprehension... :oops: