AirFit N30i with NEW QuietAir

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nohomama

AirFit N30i with NEW QuietAir

Post by nohomama » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:21 pm

got new AirFit N30i with NEW QuietAir (was a refill, didn't know there was a new type)
When using them I have ear pain and developed an ear infection. Could it be the new cushion?
I never had this with the old type, which I used for a few years. The new style was more comfortable and I think I slept better, awaken less to adjust moving headgear and fix leaks. The new one seemed to allow for a slightly different sleeping angle. But I awoke with congestion (in the down side nose) and sore ear (up side ear). After a week or so I was sure I had an ear infection--in the ear that is up (as a side sleeper) most of the night. I switched back to old type, got antibiotics, waited a month. Tried the new cushion again and within 3 days have bad ear ache again. So it doesn't seem to be a coincidence for the first ear infection.

Has anyone experienced this? Could the new N30i quiet air be causing ear infections?
If the new type is the only one available now, I think I will need to switch masks and looking for suggestions.

I have been through about 15 masks, and used DreamWear Nasal Cushion Mask by Respironics most then moved to the AirFit N30i because the headgear is slightly different proportions where strap hooks in and was a better fit. Inside of my nose doesn't seem to tolerate pillows and as a side sleeper, I much prefer the connection on the top of the head. I also have the bleep, which have some advantages but I don't like the tugging on my nose when I move around from the tube.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.