CPAP Pressure Discrepancy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bayareacpap

CPAP Pressure Discrepancy

Post by bayareacpap » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:40 am

I have noticed that the pressure on my sleep report is recently 0.1 lower than the clinical setting (i.e. it will register 9.1 if setting is 9.2). Any thoughts about what might be causing it? I’m really just wondering if it might be indicative of the beginning of a serious issue? Given the CPAP shortage, I wanted to make sure I’m getting out in front of any issue.

I have a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: CPAP Pressure Discrepancy

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:44 am

Insufficient information . . .
Settings needed; cpap or apap mode?
Data on screen, or in Oscar?

bayareacpap

Post by bayareacpap » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks chunkyfrog. It’s in CPAP mode (fixed pressure). It’s on the screen not in Oscar.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:55 am

Is ramp or EPR on?

bayareacpap

Post by bayareacpap » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:03 pm

No - neither are on. By the way, I previously unplugged it to see if it was a software glitch that might reset. It had no effect on the issue.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:43 pm

bayareacpap wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:40 am
I have noticed that the pressure on my sleep report is recently 0.1 lower than the clinical setting (i.e. it will register 9.1 if setting is 9.2).
Firmware loaded by third shift. Every once in a while, they like to slip one in to see if anybody is paying attention.

You'll be fine.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:41 pm

bayareacpap wrote:
I have noticed that the pressure on my sleep report is recently 0.1 lower than the clinical setting (i.e. it will register 9.1 if setting is 9.2). Any thoughts about what might be causing it? I’m really just wondering if it might be indicative of the beginning of a serious issue? Given the CPAP shortage, I wanted to make sure I’m getting out in front of any issue.

If you have your user or clinical manual it will tell you the acceptable variations in pressure.
Typically they have always been plus or minus 0.5 cm.

You're just fine.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 pm

What matters is results, not numbers, as long as its keeping your airway open and it's keeping it open you are good to go, that's probably one reason they don't want us controlling our own treatment. Not everyone knows what its about or how it works, worrying about things you can't change unnecessarily, adds stress to life.

Remember of The Three States: Matter, Anti-Matter, and Don't Matter. Don't Matter is the Most Abundant of all. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 pm

bayareacpap wrote:

What makes you think that? given that Resmed machines are only settable in 0.2 cmh2o intervals.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bayareacpap

Post by bayareacpap » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:56 pm

Palerider - If I set it in the clinical menu at 9.2, it shows up in the main daily sleep report as 9.1. If I set it at 9.8, it will register in the sleep report as 9.7. The reason I was asking is related to your point about the intervals. I noticed it can’t be set it to 9.1 or 9.7 etc., so I was wondering why the sleep report always seemed to show it 0.1 cmh2o less than it was set in the clinical menu (9.1 instead of 9.2). I hope this is makes sense.

Thanks so much for your responses and reassurance, Palerider, Goofproof, Wulfman, ChicagoGranny, and chunkyfrog! I hope I got everyone!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:18 pm

bayareacpap wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:56 pm
Palerider - If I set it in the clinical menu at 9.2, it shows up in the main daily sleep report as 9.1. If I set it at 9.8, it will register in the sleep report as 9.7. The reason I was asking is related to your point about the intervals. I noticed it can’t be set it to 9.1 or 9.7 etc., so I was wondering why the sleep report always seemed to show it 0.1 cmh2o less than it was set in the clinical menu (9.1 instead of 9.2). I hope this is makes sense.

Thanks so much for your responses and reassurance, Palerider, Goofproof, Wulfman, ChicagoGranny, and chunkyfrog! I hope I got everyone!
Maybe your "sleep report" is wrong.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:11 am

Obsessing over .1cm of XPAP pressure is like building a house using plans written in mm. The fools are the manufacturers. that make the machines adjustable by .1cm. I could see .5 cm as a setting, maybe but .1cm is useless, your body wouldn't notice the change. Air pressure all around us changes, even from the position of wind as we move our head. Just another dose of Don't Matter. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire