Resvent ibreeze

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pinhead

Resvent ibreeze

Post by Pinhead » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:43 am

A friend of mine is looking to replace his mothers machine. Their supplier can't get a resmed machine for months due to supply issues. They said they could get her a Resvent ibreeze for $100 more.

Any comments about this machine? Her old machine is a remed autosense 10 which is five years old with and has no known issues.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking he should wait for the res med but thought I would ask.

Jack

Pugsy

Re: Resvent ibreeze

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:52 am

This has been brought up here before and not long ago. The general consensus was to wait for a ResMed.
It's a cheap Chinese knock off for one thing...and another not OSCAR compatible and no way to monitor detailed data if someone should need or want to.

ResMed machines don't normally up and die at the 5 year mark anyway...no machine does. The 5 year thing is something that insurance companies used to automatically do but more and more insurance companies are abandoning the automatic new machine at 5 years and instead adopting "only if current machine is broken and can't be repaired". Even Medicare has adopted this way of thinking.

I wouldn't want a Resvent even if it was given to me and I sure wouldn't want my insurance involved and force me to be tied to it for potentially years and years.

If your friend isn't having any problems with the current machine....wait.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:54 am

Oh...another thought...100 bucks more??? It should be 100 bucks (or more) less because those Chinese knockoffs have always cost less. Insurance pays the same amount no matter what brand....guess who makes more money when the wholesale cost is less????? That's one of the reasons DMEs push these cheaper machines.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SAG

Post by SAG » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:55 am

I would wait esp asking for $100 more?
Paraphrasing Ghandi - be the change you wish to see in the world.
Paraphrasing JohnnyGoodman - Beware the person who wishes to legislate the morality and the behavior of his neighbor.
https://cutt.ly/GbE7ltf

Pinhead

Post by Pinhead » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:32 am

Thanks for the quick replies. He leaving to go home wednesday and was trying to get things done. I talked to him and told him to wait, they are haaving no issue at all with the machine.

Also found out it is not an autoset but a cpap. Explained the difference and was also going to contact Dr. about getting an autoset next time.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 am

Pinhead wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:32 am
Thanks for the quick replies. He leaving to go home wednesday and was trying to get things done. I talked to him and told him to wait, they are haaving no issue at all with the machine.

Also found out it is not an autoset but a cpap. Explained the difference and was also going to contact Dr. about getting an autoset next time.
YES, YES, THAT!
Autoset, for sure!

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:54 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 am
Pinhead wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:32 am

YES, YES, THAT!
Autoset, for sure!
could you be a little less hesitant next time?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:24 pm

Resvent ibreeze, The name alone is a RED FLAG, first name starts with R knockoff for Resmed. Second name start with I, knockoff for I products. 24 four letters folks to chose from, try something original other than trying to climb on the backs of real products. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:00 pm

Made in CHINA--need we say more?
Probably not pre-infected; but why gamble?

MMcG

Post by MMcG » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:01 am

Would be interesting to see how much of a Resmed is made in China. I have no idea, but it's a fair bet that, like nearly every other Western designed and branded product, a lot, if not all of the manufacture is out-sourced to China.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:45 am

At least, if it is assembled in the USA, we hope somebody bothered
to wipe down the offshore parts--or they sat in a hot container long enough
to kill all the "hitchhikers".

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:30 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:00 pm
Made in CHINA--need we say more?
Probably not pre-infected; but why gamble?
So's your ipad.

Made in China doesn't automatically mean garbage.

Some is, some isn't.

Just like "Made in the USA" doesn't mean quality, because there are shoddy manufacturing standards and "I don't care" workers here too.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:37 pm

MMcG wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:01 am
Would be interesting to see how much of a Resmed is made in China. I have no idea, but it's a fair bet that, like nearly every other Western designed and branded product, a lot, if not all of the manufacture is out-sourced to China.
Well actually ResMed has 2 main places where they make their machines....Singapore and Australia.
The problem isn't so much where it is actually put together but the stuff behind it. Like where did the original design come from. The Resvent manufacturers....they stole the "res" part of ResMed to sort of give the illusion that it was a ResMed product.
The name choice was done on purpose. ResMed initially had some sort of lawsuit going on about that little underhanded trick but I don't know what/if anything has come from that.

The other part of the equation is the wholesale cost and the reason the DMEs are pushing the cheaper machine...cheaper to them in terms of wholesale cost and the fact that in the US insurance companies reimburse a set fee for any E0601 HCPCS billing code cpap machine. They make more money when they dispense the Resvent machines. The good old dollar is what really drives this market.

I don't know what level of detail in terms of data the Resvent might provide but it isn't compatible with OSCAR so that I can see for myself what is going on...if I wanted to....and that is a deal breaker for me no matter who makes it or where it is made.
I wouldn't have a DreamStation 2 machine for that same reason. I might not always need or want to see that detailed data but I damn well want it available to me if I do decide I need or want that detailed data.

It's not so much the "where it's made" that makes the Resvent something most of us wouldn't want. It's a lot of other things added together. Deceptive marketing one thing...data another.

Now it might blow air just fine and hold the airway open just fine but I wouldn't have one in my house even if it did and were free to me.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Made in any other country, means U.S. Dollars are being sent to countries that are as best, our friends, at worst our enemies. That makes their economies strong and ours weak. It also makes us unable to handle our own needs to respond to our needs, because we no longer make the products in the U.S.A. we are not prepared to help ourselves. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

MMcG

Post by MMcG » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:58 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 pm
Made in any other country, means U.S. Dollars are being sent to countries that are as best, our friends, at worst our enemies. That makes their economies strong and ours weak. It also makes us unable to handle our own needs to respond to our needs, because we no longer make the products in the U.S.A. we are not prepared to help ourselves. Jim
Well Resmed is an Australian company.