Airsense 11 cellular data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rharmon

Airsense 11 cellular data

Post by Rharmon » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:39 pm

Just got my new Resmed Airsense 11 auto set machine. No data available after used first night. Has a slash,(/) over signal strength bars. Previously had Airsense 10 used 7 years with no cellular connection problems. Any idea what’s wrong?

Scott_G

Re: Airsense 11 cellular data

Post by Scott_G » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:09 pm

The "slash" through the cell strength bars indicates "no signal". Either the cellular signal is too weak, or (less likely) there is something wrong with the machine's cellular modem / antenna.

As for why the 10 would work.... It may be using a different carrier. On the 11, click "More", scroll down and click "About", and scroll down again to see the Carrier. I believe all the US AS11's use T-Mobile, but not sure whether you're in the US. And I don't know what carrier was used for the 10's.

If you identify the carrier and know that carrier provides good signal in your area... Then I would begin to suspect a problem with the machine. You could try it in a different location, in case it is near something causing interference or blocking the signal, but obviously it needs to work by your bed as you don't want to be moving it every day just to get data transmitted.

The AS11 doesn't normally come with an SD card, but you can install one (any SD card, 4gb-32gb, is recommended). With an SD in the machine, the AS11 will record all data there (in addition to trying to send to MyAir via cellular). If needed, your DME or Sleep Doc can read the data from the card for compliance and therapy review.

Rharmon

Re: Airsense 11 cellular data

Post by Rharmon » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Thank you. I have good coverage with T-Mobile on my iPad in Virginia (USA). I think it’s something wrong with the A/S 11. Headed back to Lincare tomorrow.