SD Data Card

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Panther71_08

SD Data Card

Post by Panther71_08 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi all,

I’m new on here but thought you folks might be able to help. Several months ago I had a power outage at my apartment which fried my previous sleep machine. I’ve been without one since. I’ve been slacking on getting things in order because I just bought a house and moving so it’s been crazy. But, my question is. If I were to buy a new machine, could I just transfer my card over to it and go on about using it? Would my settings be transferred over or do I need to get in touch with my sleep doctor to get my prescription?

Holden4th

Re: SD Data Card

Post by Holden4th » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:18 am

My understanding is that if you put your SD card into your PC and then read it via OSCAR, then it stays in OSCAR's files on your PC but I could be wrong.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:59 am

You get a copy of your prescription from your doctor . The DME you purchase the machine from will use the prescription to program your new machine. You can use your current SD card in the new machine.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:33 am

Panther71_08 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:51 pm
If I were to buy a new machine, could I just transfer my card over to it and go on about using it? Would my settings be transferred over or do I need to get in touch with my sleep doctor to get my prescription?
While the data files on the SD card from the old machine may show the settings used....it can't be used to set the settings on the new machine.

So in theory you could use the SD card and software to see what your settings were and then once you know....you could then set the machine up yourself.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.