Resmed AirSense 11 adapter for SoClean 2 or 3

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
HelpfulDad

Resmed AirSense 11 adapter for SoClean 2 or 3

Post by HelpfulDad » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Question #1: From whom can I buy kits/adapters that are specifically designed to use an Airsense 11 with either a SoClean 2 or3?

Question #2: Is anyone aware of a firm date at which time these SoClean 2 kit/adapters will be available for Airsense 11 from any manufacturer? I’m looking for an actual date, rather than “coming soon”. SoClean says they’ll have an adapter for the Airsense 11 SoClean 3 product available before December 13, with no plans for SoClean 2/Airsense 11. I’ll be shocked if anyone has any information about this but hoping there’s information about an aftermarket product.

Question #3 Has anyone tried using the injector adapter for a SoClean 2 and a previous AirSense machine with an Airsense 11 Perhaps that same adapter will work?

Question #4: Has anyone figured out a way to use any brand automatic cleaner with an Airsense 11?

First. Please be respectful and don’t hijack this topic to espouse your opinion of what I’m trying to do. This includes citing manufacturers statements about this. I’m well aware of everything Resmed and other health/engineering/chemistry/medical experts have to say about using a SoClean and am not looking for any more information. This topic is for specific questions about the availability of adapters for my AirSense 11 to both a SoClean 2 and SoClean 3.

This topic is questions about HOW to do this. The following are off-topic:

1) Telling me I shouldn’t post the question here versus asking Soclean or Resmed. Not that this matters, but:
A) the support queue is very long at SoClean and it’s unlikely they’ll have information about an aftermarket product.
B) Resmed has already stated they don’t recommend the SoClean devices so it’s unlikely they’ll sell ir even discuss one
C) Neither company will offer an opinion on using a part for one device model on another. Even if they fit and perform exactly the same. It’s in their best interest to make it necessary to buy more as SoClean demonstrates by never producing an adapter for SoClean 2 and Airsense 11.

2) Explanation or so-called “evidence” of why what I’m trying to do is a bad idea. I’m going to do this regardless of what anyone has to say about it.

So as to not make it an argument, I’m not going to discuss or defend my decisions on this board and ask that nobody else do that either even if you support my effort. I will immediately take any steps available on this site to remove any posts that are not directly relevant to information about making a SoClean device work with an Airsense 11 machine. I will also ignore/report any user who posts off topic if the site allows it.

I saw another post that had to be locked by a moderator without getting a question about SoClean answered because some were so incredibly disrespectful to the poster, board, community by arguing with and berating the OP for his/her view that differed that it degenerated into a useless argument.

If you don’t know anything about how to do this, then please don’t post/reply to this topic. Except if you have a question related to how to do this or, even better, information on how.

Thank you ahead of time for any answers to my questions.

Pugsy

Re: Resmed AirSense 11 adapter for SoClean 2 or 3

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:36 pm

HelpfulDad wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm
I will immediately take any steps available on this site to remove any posts that are not directly relevant to information about making a SoClean device work with an Airsense 11 machine. I will also ignore/report any user who posts off topic if the site allows it.
Reporting a post because you don't like what someone says will get you in trouble....not them. That's called abuse of the spam button which is ONLY FOR SPAM...not because you don't like what gets said.

Just because you don't want to here something doesn't give you the right to dictate what gets said
and you have zero powers over deleting anything anyone else says.

So...given all that...and given you don't want anything but answers to your questions
I am going to ask EVERYONE who is tempted to lecture this OP or give your own personal thoughts about the device in question....KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES please. No snarky little digs.
Answer the 4 questions only if you can. If you can't...move on.
This OP doesn't really want help deciding what to do or why or anything but answers to the 4 questions presented.

Here are my answers. I am zero help I know.
1....dunno
2....no
3....dunno
4....no

So...answer ONLY the questions and no lectures and no snide remarks and no pissing contests and I won't have to remove crappy comments or snide smart ass comments.

Or....just ignore this guy totally because most of you guys are like me....zero experience with the ozone noclean device.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:37 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:36 pm

So...answer ONLY the questions and no lectures and no snide remarks and no pissing contests and I won't have to remove crappy comments or snide smart ass comments.

Or....just ignore this guy totally because most of you guys are like me....zero experience with the ozone noclean device.
i strongly object to this person coming in and dictating terms in my house.

that is all.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Double ditto!

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:02 pm

1....dunno
2....no
3....dunno
4....no

HelpfulDad wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm
Thank you ahead of time for any answers to my questions.
You're welcome.
Last edited by Dog Slobber on Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Helpful Dad isn't........I think he is a Troll looking to stir up the group.
I'll bet he doesn't even have an S11.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:11 pm

answer ONLY the questions and no lectures and no snide remarks and no pissing contests
Certified: lecture-free, snide-free, piss-free, non-GMO:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm
Ozone and ultraviolet cleaners are included in the notice.
Date Issued: February 27, 2020

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) wants to make consumers and health care providers aware that, to date, the FDA has not authorized for market any products using ozone gas or ultraviolet (UV) light to clean, disinfect, or sanitize continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices and accessories (for example: hoses, masks, tubing and headgear).

CPAP machines are devices prescribed to patients with obstructive sleep apnea to keep their airways open during sleep. Most often, CPAP manufacturers recommend regular cleaning of CPAP device accessories with mild soap and water.

Ozone (O3), sometimes called “activated oxygen”, is a gas that can be used to kill harmful bacteria. However, for ozone to be effective in destroying harmful bacteria, it must be present at a concentration above levels considered safe for humans.

Although products that claim to use ozone gas to clean CPAP machine equipment are designed to keep the ozone generated inside the machine and its accessories, leaks can occur at tubing connections, filters or through fabric containers used to house CPAP accessories. When leaks occur, ozone gas in the nearby space may temporarily rise to unsafe levels, especially if the space is not well ventilated. Ozone gas concentrations within the CPAP machine and tubing can also remain above safe levels even after the recommended waiting periods for ozone gas products that claim to clean. If the CPAP accessories are used without first allowing fresh air to circulate through the entire CPAP machine to remove any remaining ozone gas, this could lead to nasal, lung or any other type of irritation to the user’s breathing passages. Exposure to high levels of ozone gas also may worsen chronic respiratory diseases, such as asthma, or increase vulnerability to respiratory infection.

The FDA has received reports from patients experiencing cough, difficulty breathing, nasal irritation, headaches, asthma attacks and other breathing complaints when ozone gas-based products were used to clean, sanitize or disinfect CPAP devices and accessories.

Using UV Light Products that claim to Clean CPAP Machine Equipment and Accessories

UV light may be used to disinfect surfaces in a setting where UV light does not escape to the surroundings. If products generating UV light do not shield the user from exposure, they pose a potential health hazard depending on the wavelength, intensity, and exposure time.

Although FDA has not received any problem reports associated with using UV light products that claim to clean CPAP devices and accessories, unintentional or excessive exposure to UV light during cleaning may put a user at risk of eye injury, skin burns or even an increased risk of skin cancer. Additionally, when UV light is used with the purpose of disinfecting CPAP machine equipment and accessories, UV light may be unable to penetrate all areas of the CPAP accessories such as the hoses, masks and connectors. This may result in inadequately disinfected CPAP devices and accessories that may not be safe for reuse.

Full notice: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/saf ... chines-and
Risks:
The residual smell of ozone may be unpleasant and risky. Ozone exposure is potentially dangerous among those with respiratory conditions. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration describes it as a “toxic gas with no known useful medical application.” The Environmental Protection Agency says that relatively low amounts of ozone can cause shortness of breath and worsen chronic respiratory disease.

In fact, ironically, exposure to it may compromise the body’s ability to fight respiratory infections.

Ultimately, the available CPAP cleaners and sanitizers seem unlikely to provide additional cleaning capacity beyond standard methods of cleaning with soap and water. There is no evidence that these devices reduce the risk of infection.

These companies also have no financial interest in investigating this possibility. The devices sell well without any such study. This may reveal much about the motivation behind the recent push in direct-to-consumer marketing of the product, beyond the science supporting its use.

A Word From Verywell
Further research may be helpful to determine if these devices have any role in routine CPAP therapy. The risk of infection is so small, and the evidence for benefit so weak, that these devices are not currently recommended. Save your money and buy a lifetime supply of liquid dish soap instead!

https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650
From a microbiologist with 25 years experience with sterilization and disinfection of equipment and facilities used in the production of sterile pharmaceuticals:
I will give you some facts, and I base the facts on the fact that I am the one who works in the industry of low temperature sterilzation

1. So Clean claims they use the same technology as is used in hospitals. LIE - the hospital ozone sterilizers cost upwards of 100,000.00 and require an O2 farm (a room with 15 to 20 tall O2 cylinders) to provide pure oxygen to extract the ozone. Besides the fact that SoClean lied about this, why on earth do you think a 300.00 device can even come close to what a 100,000.00 device can do. If SoClean was validated to sterilize or even high level disinfect, hospitals would have hundreds of them rather than the 100K devices. The SoClean just does not have the power to do what you think it does.

2. It does not clean. Period. You think it does, place a small dab of peanut butter in your hose and see if it is still there when the cycle is complete. You think this is not a good test, it is the basis of the VA soil test, the test that all medical cleaners must pass or they cannot claim to clean.

3. Amazon reviews - nothing but feel good stories. I have not read one Amazon review that can factually claim that the SoClean kills germs. If you know of one, please post the link because I would like to read it. What is the basis of a 5 star review when all they can go on is they like it? Meaningless.

4. I did own a SoClean on the 30 day trial, when I realized what it was vs. the claims they make I returned it under the 30 day return policy. Why not just get one of the room ozone fans and hang your mask in front of it, they would both do the same thing which is nothing.

I am just repeating the same thing I have typed here about a hundred times; for now on I will just say it is awesome, give the scammers your money, you will love it.

viewtopic/t157842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 9#p1210375
Edit: SoClean is being sued for False Advertising and other violations of law - https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/14 ... clean-inc/

Edit: ResMed changed their warranty terms to include a statement that use of an ozone-cleaning machine may void their CPAP machine warranty.
January 8, 2020
To Our Valued Patient,
ResMed announced an update to its limited warranty that may affect whether you choose to use an ozone
device with your ResMed machine and mask. Please review the detail of this update below.*

ResMed user guides advise patients to periodically clean ResMed machines, components and masks with
mild detergent and warm water only. Some patients choose to use other means to clean and/or disinfect
their machines. With the increased use of ozone devices, ResMed has observed that prolonged and
repeated use of an ozone device may eventually cause internal damage to a ResMed machine, leading to
an increase in motor noise.
Warranty update: Effective for sales of ResMed machines on or after February 1, 2020, ResMed’s limited
warranty will exclude damage to ResMed machines caused by use of ozone devices. The limited warranty
on ResMed masks, with the exception of ResMed AirTouch™ products, will not be affected.
ResMed is not taking a position on whether you should use an ozone device. That decision is up to you, as
the patient, to balance the convenience of using an ozone device versus the likelihood of potential damage
to your ResMed machine. ResMed is reinforcing the cleaning instructions in its machine user guide:
periodic cleaning with mild detergent and warm water is all that is required with a ResMed machine,
component or mask. This letter requires no action on your part.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the manufacturer of the ozone device you are
currently using or, for medical advice, your physician.
Sincerely,
Your home care provider

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents ... letter.pdf

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Thank Gid for the foe button.
Now I am not tempted to read any more drivel from this SPAMMER.
STILL only one. lousy. post.
One hit wonder--or we.ran him off.
Words do have power.
Use them wisely.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott_G

Post by Scott_G » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:20 pm

This seems like showing up at the Fire Department's door, and saying "I am going to light a bonfire in my living room, don't tell me it's wrong because I really want to do it."

Like the Fire Department, I'm going to tell you "don't do that." Whether you ask me to or not.

But to answer the questions:
1- Don't know
2 - No
3 - No
4 - No
Last edited by Scott_G on Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:38 pm

Oh boy
1 no
2 no
3 no
4 no
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:44 pm

I only feel pity for those whose laziness and gullibility lead them into being
the prey or even shills for that evil company.
Enjoy your twenty pieces of silver. (I'm sure SC is cheap, too)
(I double dog dare Pugsy to lock this thread.)

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 pm

If your tongue is stuck to a pole, are you temporarily cured of sleep apnea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABpi4cbHwg

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:39 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 pm
If your tongue is stuck to a pole, are you temporarily cured of sleep apnea?

and while i LOVED the movie, no way am i clicking on that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Had my annual check up with my CPAP doctor today. As we were finishing up he said, “by the way I hope you’re not using a SoClean on your Resmed because you CPAP probably won’t last five years if you do.”
I have seen Captain Kirk hyping those on TV for awhile. Hopefully the company is going out of business

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:10 pm

All I can say is that the OP on this thread has an unhelpful handle... should have a UN in front of it :D

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.