Resmed AirSense 11 adapter for SoClean 2 or 3

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Resmed AirSense 11 adapter for SoClean 2 or 3

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:14 pm

It is almost a good thing there are plenty of lawyers jonesing to put them down,
for a BIG piece of the action, of course.
Almost makes you want to jump on the lawsuit bandwagon,
---even knowing the consumer will likely not gain squat.
Anything to put these leeches out of business, and into the poorhouse.

Whistlerbowl

Post by Whistlerbowl » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:46 pm

Here is what support said at Resmed. So April 2022 avail :

Dear Valued SoClean Customer,

Our records indicate that you recently inquired about the availability of an adapter for ResMed AirSense 11 sleep equipment. Regrettably, due to unforeseen manufacturing and supply chain delays, availability is expected in April of 2022.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured, if you have recently purchased a SoClean 3, your 30-Day Risk Free Trial will not begin until you have received your adapter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to call our Customer Care Team at 866-501-3705. Our support hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am-9:00pm ET, and Saturday, 9:00am-1:00pm ET.

Sincerely,
SoClean

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm

Whistlerbowl wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:46 pm
if you have recently purchased a SoClean 3, your 30-Day Risk Free Trial will not begin until you have received your adapter.

On the off chance that anybody stumbles upon this topic while still in their Risk Free Trial period, please return your SoClean.

They:
  • are unnecessary
  • are harmful to your CPAP
  • are potentially harmful to you, your family and pets
  • may void your warranty
  • may cause damage that manifests after you're warranty period, but well within what should be the useful life of your CPAP

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:31 pm

Whistlerbowl wrote:
Here is what support said at Resmed
Whistlerbowl wrote:
Sincerely,
SoClean
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:52 pm

Whistlerbowl wrote:
Here is what support said at Resmed. So April 2022 avail :
I don't think so.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:53 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:31 pm
Whistlerbowl wrote:
Here is what support said at Resmed
Whistlerbowl wrote:
Sincerely,
SoClean
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clearly, another scumbucket post.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Whistlerbowl wrote:
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to call our Customer Care Team
"Customer Care Team".

mmm,hmm.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:30 pm

zonker wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:08 pm
Whistlerbowl wrote:
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to call our Customer Care Team
"Customer Care Team".

mmm,hmm.
Or for a faster answer, the Customer Don't Care Team, answers faster.... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:20 pm

FYI: Resmed does not support ANY ozone device.
It willVOID THE RESMED WARRANTY.
Obviously, "someone" is compensating trolls to promote this scam.

Marko2019

Post by Marko2019 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:07 am

Maybe this is why their new plant in NH went dark.

Huge building, huge sign, no cars or people. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.......
Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm

On the off chance that anybody stumbles upon this topic while still in their Risk Free Trial period, please return your SoClean.

They:
  • are unnecessary
  • are harmful to your CPAP
  • are potentially harmful to you, your family and pets
  • may void your warranty
  • may cause damage that manifests after you're warranty period, but well within what should be the useful life of your CPAP
A whole lot of investigation is ongoing before I spend a single dime.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 am

As long as there are SUCKERS, they will continue making crap--just somewhere else.
As long as our lawmakers continue accepting BRIBES, they will get away with it.
As long as they are paying lonely trolls to promote their crap . . .
COCKROACHES!

RANGERYDER2023

Post by RANGERYDER2023 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Greetings all:
I had no idea so many lawyers were utilizing this site. Now that is that - my experience:

I have been using a Resmed 10 machine with a SoClean 2 machine for about 6.5 years.
Other than the smell of "ozone" in the room, I repeat smell - - - I had just two problems.
The first problem and it happened only once, was that the check valve failed.
The second problem and it occured every two to four weeks - was black fines appeared in the water tank.
These black fines could only come from the carbon filter in the SoClean device ????
The remedy was to flush the tank. [Note: the above is my assumption.]

I am a senior citizen, and Medicare allows for a replacement machine every five years.
My Resmed 10 communication failed, just as I received my new machine.
I also contacted SoClean and at no charge sent me an adapter for the Resmed 11 machine.

When I contacted SoClean and asked where the "new tank top with the hose fitting," I was told
this is what SoClean was providing.....period.

The SoClean 2 adapter requires you to disconnect the air hose at the machine and place it on the end.
I am not happy with this arrangement as it leaves the Resmed 11 machine open to the room environment.

I see on the internet, that someone (a few someones) are selling a tank with the "hose fitting. Has anyone
purchased this - care to review it here?

Let's jump to silicone vs. ozone: Googling the problem - "Given natural aging processes, silicone rubber is virtually totally resistant to oxygen and ozone."
and Does ozone damage silicone? EPDM, Silicone, HNBR, Neoprene, FKM, and Fluorosilicone rubber have greater resistance to ozone. Nitrile (Buna-N), natural rubber, and SBR will are more susceptible to ozone attack.

So researching this, the machines and the masks - - - just what parts are being affected.

Let's see if some answers are out there?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:04 pm

RANGERYDER2023 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 pm
just what parts are being affected
Your lungs when you breathe leaking ozone, and your lungs when you breathe bits of the machine-insulating material broken down by the ozone. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... one-gas-or

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:14 pm

RANGERYDER2023 wrote:
Greetings all:
I had no idea so many lawyers were utilizing this site. Now that is that - my experience:

I have been using a Resmed 10 machine with a SoClean 2 machine for about 6.5 years.
Other than the smell of "ozone" in the room, I repeat smell - - - I had just two problems.
The first problem and it happened only once, was that the check valve failed.
The second problem and it occured every two to four weeks - was black fines appeared in the water tank.
These black fines could only come from the carbon filter in the SoClean device ????
The remedy was to flush the tank. [Note: the above is my assumption.]

I am a senior citizen, and Medicare allows for a replacement machine every five years.
My Resmed 10 communication failed, just as I received my new machine.
I also contacted SoClean and at no charge sent me an adapter for the Resmed 11 machine.

When I contacted SoClean and asked where the "new tank top with the hose fitting," I was told
this is what SoClean was providing.....period.

The SoClean 2 adapter requires you to disconnect the air hose at the machine and place it on the end.
I am not happy with this arrangement as it leaves the Resmed 11 machine open to the room environment.

I see on the internet, that someone (a few someones) are selling a tank with the "hose fitting. Has anyone
purchased this - care to review it here?

Let's jump to silicone vs. ozone: Googling the problem - "Given natural aging processes, silicone rubber is virtually totally resistant to oxygen and ozone."
and Does ozone damage silicone? EPDM, Silicone, HNBR, Neoprene, FKM, and Fluorosilicone rubber have greater resistance to ozone. Nitrile (Buna-N), natural rubber, and SBR will are more susceptible to ozone attack.

So researching this, the machines and the masks - - - just what parts are being affected.

Zombie thread....
The ONLY thing that SoClean does clean is your wallet, to everything else it is an irritant.
https://www.lung.org/clean-air/outdoors ... lthy/ozone
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:58 am

RANGERYDER2023 wrote:

One ResMed 10 part that has been well documented as being susceptible to ozone is the sound dampening foam.

This article is from a CPAP Repair company:

https://cpap-repair.com/cpap-blower-motor-care/
The acoustic foam in this ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP has been exposed to ozone cleaning and has disintegrated into the blower motor. The motor had seized and would no longer function.

There are several retailers that sell full CPAP cleaning machines that push ozone throughout the unit. The most well-known manufacturer is SoClean. However, ResMed has done their research using this type of cleaning technology on their own CPAPs and found that they damage the acoustic foam leading to the blower, as well as warping the silicone seals throughout the unit. Since February of 2021, the use of such cleaners on ResMed CPAPs voids the warranty (3). We have also carried this rule over into our cpap repair warranty. The ozone will turn the foam from dark gray to a dark green, and it begins to lose its integrity. It will eventually fall apart into the blower motor. Some customers report finding the green foam in their water chamber. This ozone degradation will cause the blower motor to become louder. The picture above shows a pneumatic block where most of the acoustic foam has disintegrated into the motor.
RANGERYDER2023 wrote:
Silicon and some other materials may be resitant to ozone, so yes, those components within your CPAP won't be affected by SoClean. But what about all the other materials within your CPAP that are made of materials that are incompatible.

You have no clue what incompatible materials are in CPAP devices, and yes a lot more than just silicone.