I got diagnosed with Mild OSA. Watchpat One from Lofta. Is it a good idea to just buy the Airsense 10 and mask from them

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dylanmatthew

I got diagnosed with Mild OSA. Watchpat One from Lofta. Is it a good idea to just buy the Airsense 10 and mask from them

Post by Dylanmatthew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:21 am

It's total of $970. I wish I could just trial or rent a CPAP machine for cheaper and see if it even helps me. Here is my study incase anyone cared to look.

http://imgur.com/a/63xYgTc

Dog Slobber

Re: I got diagnosed with Mild OSA. Watchpat One from Lofta. Is it a good idea to just buy the Airsense 10 and mask from

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 am

Do whatever you want.

Your history here suggests you don't listen to advice and respond rudely when you don't like the advice that's been given to you.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: I got diagnosed with Mild OSA. Watchpat One from Lofta. Is it a good idea to just buy the Airsense 10 and mask from

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:20 am

Do what you want--you will anyway.
Whatever happens, will happen.
Nobody wants abuse for trying to be helpful.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:48 am

to any other newbies reading this: PLEASE don't start multiple threads on virtually the same topic. on this forum, that is considered rude. why? because you come off as attention seeking and as a time waster.

stick to one thread, please. this goes double for people who come in and want help with their therapy. it makes it easier for those giving advice to see your history and know what you've tried before.

we're here to help. please make it easier on us, won't you?

thanks!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:46 am

If you google "rent a cpap" you will see a variety of options.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Dylanmatthew

Post by Dylanmatthew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:04 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:20 am
Do what you want--you will anyway.
Whatever happens, will happen.
Nobody wants abuse for trying to be helpful.
So dramatic

Dylanmatthew

Post by Dylanmatthew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:10 pm

zonker wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:48 am
to any other newbies reading this: PLEASE don't start multiple threads on virtually the same topic. on this forum, that is considered rude. why? because you come off as attention seeking and as a time waster.

stick to one thread, please. this goes double for people who come in and want help with their therapy. it makes it easier for those giving advice to see your history and know what you've tried before.

thanks!
Why do people reply to my thread if they just want to bully me and try to call me out on my previous posts. I won't be making anymore posts on this board ever again. So rejoice in that. Lol

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Promises, promises . . .
Note: I bave been bullied, and you are "better" at it than those you accuse.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Dylanmatthew wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:10 pm
zonker wrote:

thanks!
Why do people reply to my thread if they just want to bully me and try to call me out on my previous posts. I won't be making anymore posts on this board ever again. So rejoice in that. Lol
i have responded in your threads precisely three times. i don't believe i've said anything that could be remotely called bullying. nor am i trying to bully you. not my intent.

nor am i "calling you out". i'm really trying to figure out why you have decided to not respond to folk who are trying to help.

we're volunteers. we come here because we want to help folks. it's just as i said in what you quoted. i really don't see bullying in any of that.

i've explained WHY it's considered rude here to do what you have done in posting multiple times. if you don't get it it, then apparently i'm not explaining things properly.

if you do come back for help, you may want to try engaging with all of the people trying to help you. you never know from what direction help may come.

good luck!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

Dylanmatthew

Post by Dylanmatthew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:04 pm

zonker wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:47 pm
Dylanmatthew wrote:
zonker wrote:

thanks!
i have responded in your threads precisely three times. i don't believe i've said anything that could be remotely called bullying. nor am i trying to bully you. not my intent.

nor am i "calling you out". i'm really trying to figure out why you have decided to not respond to folk who are trying to help.

we're volunteers. we come here because we want to help folks. it's just as i said in what you quoted. i really don't see bullying in any of that.

i've explained WHY it's considered rude here to do what you have done in posting multiple times. if you don't get it it, then apparently i'm not explaining things properly.

if you do come back for help, you may want to try engaging with all of the people trying to help you. you never know from what direction help may come.

good luck!

Sorry I really am. I'm so overwhelmed and stressed. I don't know what to do about buying a cpap to even get treatment! Lofta is saying $960 for mask and airsense10 auto. That's a lot of money! What if the CPAP doesn't help my symptoms?! I wish my ENTs home study diagnosed me so I could go through insurance. Sorry. I'm anxious and depressed. No excuse... I know

Dylanmatthew

Post by Dylanmatthew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm

zonker wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:47 pm
Dylanmatthew wrote:
zonker wrote:

thanks!

good luck!
Should I just use my dad's recalled Philips dreamstation?!

Dylanmatthew

Post by Dylanmatthew » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:02 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:51 pm
Promises, promises . . .
Note: I bave been bullied, and you are "better" at it than those you accuse.
What do you want from me?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Dylanmatthew wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm
It is something to consider trying since you don't seem to want to spend a grand for brand new.
You are very borderline diagnostic for OSA. OSA may or may not be the cause of your unwanted symptoms but the ONLY way to know if cpap will help is to try it.

You are the only one who can decide what you want to do. The WatchPat AHI 5.6...is enough to meet criteria in the US for most insurance to pay for a machine. Elsewhere in the world if often isn't. If you have insurance....maybe it could help with some of the costs depending on deductibles and copays.

We can't make decisions for you. All we can do is explain your options and any pros or cons but we can't decide for you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:18 pm

Dylanmatthew wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 pm
Is he not using it? If not, what is he using?

How old is your dad's recalled machine? How many machine hours?

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:56 pm

Dylanmatthew wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:04 pm

Sorry I really am. I'm so overwhelmed and stressed. I don't know what to do about buying a cpap to even get treatment! Lofta is saying $960 for mask and airsense10 auto. That's a lot of money! What if the CPAP doesn't help my symptoms?! I wish my ENTs home study diagnosed me so I could go through insurance. Sorry. I'm anxious and depressed. No excuse... I know
it's okay. we'll say no more about it.

that's really not a bad price lofta is quoting. there is so much hullabaloo regarding the philips recall that resmed machine prices are spiking. but i can understand why you wouldn't want to spend that amount of money. i'm known to be a bit of a tightwad myself.

you could send a private message to forum member lsat. he often has gently used machines for sale for much less than a brand new one. other forum members have dealt with him and have nothing bad to say about the experience.

or you can explore these options-

https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... hines.html

https://shop.aeroflowsleep.com/blog/how ... e-for-free

there is no guarantee that all of your problems boil down to just sleep apnea. in the end, what a cpap machine does is open up your airway to make it easier to breath while asleep. in fact, it's right in the name.

Continuous
Positive
Airway
Pressure

that's simply all it does. there could still be problems unrelated to sleep apnea that can disrupt sleep. but i strongly urge you to try cpap just to be sure.

i'm with chicago granny on the philips machine you can use. so i hope you answered her questions.

before i go, please take a minute when you read these responses. stop and reflect on them. i know that's hard for you to do right now. but take the time to let what people are saying soak in.

good luck!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac