How to locate user manuals to change Cpap settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FredAstair

How to locate user manuals to change Cpap settings

Post by FredAstair » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Although I feel this should readily be available, Incan understand that some would see this as dangerous as people could change their settings incorrectly.

My issue is that I buy my machine overseas and when my local doctor wishes to change my setting they won’t allow it and want me to send my machine back to the country I bought it.

This is a big issue, so wondering if anyone found how to locate these settings manuals so I can have my doctor set my machine to the level which is best suited to me.

And no. I don’t have a new style apap.

Pugsy

Re: How to locate user manuals to change Cpap settings

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:52 pm

don't know what machine you have but check out this website

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:39 pm

FredAstair wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 pm
Although I feel this should readily be available, Incan understand that some would see this as dangerous as people could change their settings incorrectly.

My issue is that I buy my machine overseas and when my local doctor wishes to change my setting they won’t allow it and want me to send my machine back to the country I bought it.

This is a big issue, so wondering if anyone found how to locate these settings manuals so I can have my doctor set my machine to the level which is best suited to me.

And no. I don’t have a new style apap.
Why would you have a doctor, who isn't familiar with your CPAP machine, adjust the settings?

A qualified Doctor should know how.

Post your machine, and basic information, OSCAR charts and people here can guide you to proper therapy.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm

FredAstair wrote:
Incan understand that some would see this as dangerous as people could change their settings incorrectly.[/quote
That is what we call "A lie".
There's NOTHING "dangerous" about changing settings, the worst possible thing would be 'less than optimal treatment" and given that almost everyone that sets out to change their settings is doing it because they're not getting good results from their doctor, most people have nowhere to go but 'better'.
FredAstair wrote:
You can frequently just google up the clinical manual, or go to apneaboard and either read the instructions, or request a manual by email.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.