DreamWisp vs N/P30i or DreamWear

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Holden4th

DreamWisp vs N/P30i or DreamWear

Post by Holden4th » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:07 pm

I'm always on the lookout for a new thing and stumbled across the DreamWisp while searching the web. I currently have the P30i and also have the nasal cushions for it which I use occasionally when the inside of my nose gets a little sore. It's a great mask but If I had one complaint it's that it leaks a little too easily as I've seen in my OSCAR graphs. The strap that goes around the back of the head is not as good as the Dreamwear.

Has anyone here used both the DreamWisp and either the P/N30i or the DreamWear and make a comparison between the two. I suspect that the Dreamwisp straps will prove far better but are there any downsides in comparison to either of the other two masks?

zonker

Re: DreamWisp vs N/P30i or DreamWear

Post by zonker » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:42 pm

this doesn't answer you directly, cuz i don't use it. :D

but while waiting, you may want to look at cpap.com and see what the reviews there say.

yeah, i know....internet reviews? but you never know, you might find something useful there.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:59 pm

From what ive seen on the internet the dream wisp and dreamwear both seem really cool looking. I currently have a airfit p10.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:01 pm

OK, I've gone and ordered the Dreamwisp from an Australian supplier for $AUS185.00.

For the last six months I've had an annoying rash on the side of my face which consists of slightly itchy and scaly skin. I went and saw my doctor last week and 7 days of oral steroids did nothing to fix it (though my dud knee feels much better). My P30i has a faux(?) leather band covering the lower part of the headgear and runs from my temple to where it joins the nasal piece. While looking at P30i mask on line I suddenly realised from the image that this is almost the exact line of where the rash is. I wonder if I am allergic to this material or the build up of sweat is causing this condition? The Dreamwisp has those strap on towelling covers like the Dreamwear does and these are made of different material. I certainly didn't have any rash issues with those. Funnily enough, I didn't have any issues with my first P30i frame either.

Time will tell and I'll report back on the Dreamwisp. It should be here in a couple of days.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:49 pm

I've used the Dreamware nasal, wisp, and Full Face. The FF has been the best for me. I liked the dreamwisp, but it kept giving me a sore on the bridge of my nose. Many others had the same issue. I had a slight soreness problem with the Dreamware, and no problem at all with the FF. They all feel pretty much the same, but the FF seems to use softer silicone.
Thumper
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:07 pm

I just got a ResMed AirFit N30i mask and it is pretty awesome. Its alot like the Dreamware type masks.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013