Important: When they send a DreamStation2!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

Important: When they send a DreamStation2!

Post by D.H. » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:25 am

If you registered for a recall, you're likely to find a DreanStation2 showing up at your door. It will show up without an SD card!

Included in the package will be a mailing label to send the old one back. Before you send it back, I suggest that you remove the SD card and stick it in the new machine.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but you might what to have the old one checked out to see how bad the condition of the foam is before you send it back. This might support legal action, should it become necessary.

Aretino

Re: Important: When they send a DreamStation2!

Post by Aretino » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:28 pm

If you do get a replacement machine i suggest you wait a year or more to send the recalled one back. Be just as slow as Phillips is when it comes to our health.

Captain_Midnight

Post by Captain_Midnight » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:09 pm

Aretino wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:28 pm
If you do get a replacement machine i suggest you wait a year or more to send the recalled one back. Be just as slow as Phillips is when it comes to our health.
At present, I have no intention of sending my old machines (DS and GO) back. I doubt that they have any issues (I've never noticed any sign of degradation, odors, symptoms, etc.; and I don't use any ozone cleaners or even heat the humidifier tank)

I intend to keep using them unless obvious issues present themselves.

Should a PR replacement appear on my door step, for me to even remove it from its box the machine must work with Oscar, or support a similar app that provides comprehensive nightly reporting that permits the patient to analyze therapy and make prudent decisions and changes.

And that, as they say, is that.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:38 pm

Captain_Midnight wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:09 pm
Aretino wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:28 pm

And that, as they say, is that.

if only you could be more certain of your opinions!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll play their silly games and take the replacement, whatever it is. if it's the new one i do think the oscar team will eventually crack it.

however, so far, all i have is a letter received last week telling me to register, which i'd already done on the website months ago.

cool with me. i have a resmed for primary and a devilbiss for backup.
8)
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg