RI

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: RI

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 pm

onward60 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:05 pm
Feel bad for her, if it turns out hers was useless.
Nah...it wasn't totally useless...it just wasn't able to give a clear cut answer to her problem....but it did rule out one problem.
Even an in lab sleep study doesn't always give us clear cut answers either.
Example....maybe the in lab sleep study points to very fragmented sleep because of spontaneous arousals and not related to airway related arousals (which can easily be spotted in the in lab study)....but the in lab study can't tell us what is causing the spontaneous arousals. Spontaneous means no known cause but just not airway related.
So the in lab study might point to crappy sleep quality but can't always tell us what is causing the crappy spontaneous arousals sleep.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 pm
onward60 wrote:
Feel bad for her, if it turns out hers was useless.
Nah...it wasn't totally useless...it just wasn't able to give a clear cut answer to her problem....but it did rule out one problem.
Even an in lab sleep study doesn't always give us clear cut answers either.
Example....maybe the in lab sleep study points to very fragmented sleep because of spontaneous arousals and not related to airway related arousals (which can easily be spotted in the in lab study)....but the in lab study can't tell us what is causing the spontaneous arousals. Spontaneous means no known cause but just not airway related.
So the in lab study might point to crappy sleep quality but can't always tell us what is causing the crappy spontaneous arousals sleep.
I see. Well, at least that would tell her why she's always so tired. She's very frustrated by all the medical hoops she's jumped through without answers.

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:19 pm

onward60 wrote:
Or maybe I should nudge her toward the lab and only mention the type 2 if she flat out refuses the lab.
A vendor for type 2 home testing is http://axgsleepdiagnostics.com/

The owner (Jason) does have a quirky viewpoint, in that he much prefers his patients use CPAP rather than APAP.
Pugsy is also the moderator at his forum http://freecpapadvice.com/forum/
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode