questions about tubes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
onward60

Re: questions about tubes

Post by onward60 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:48 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:46 pm
Re: what your "sleep nurse" said:
Some people are paid way too much for what little they know or understand.
You can't fix stupid--just learn to work around it.
:? Yeah, it's exhausting.

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:15 am

A thought. Maybe the sleep nurse means the hose temperature can be adjusted? And the DME lady knows I don't have a heated hose and is trying to adjust the temperature by raising the water temperature? Could that be it?

And are either of them right? Or is it the air temperature in the room that determines how warm/cold the air feels and neither of those things will make a difference?

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm

To OP - tell your provider you want the heated hose. If they refuse to prescribe it, or if the DME won't supply it, it is available at Amazon fairly inexpensively. You can experiment on your own without anybody's permission. If the heated hose does the trick for you, report that into to your provider and also the DME.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm

clownbell wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm
To OP - tell your provider you want the heated hose. If they refuse to prescribe it, or if the DME won't supply it, it is available at Amazon fairly inexpensively. You can experiment on your own without anybody's permission. If the heated hose does the trick for you, report that into to your provider and also the DME.
My DME won't supply me with one with or without a prescription so I guess I don't need to ask my nurse for a script. I will look online.

I'm thinking maybe I should find a new nurse. He doesn't even look at my record before he messages me back. A few days ago we were messaging about the N20 vs the F20, and I told him I could not wear a nasal mask because of tooth pain from it so I was choosing the F20. Today he told me his only suggestion was to switch to a nasal mask.

Maybe he was so short with me because he's sick of my messaging him. But I'm trying to document in my chart that I am really, really trying in spite of the terribly short number of hours I succeed in wearing it. I will need that record when I try to get my rental period extended. And I will need him to convince the insurance that I am trying and I deserve another try.

Or maybe he is not bugged because he does not seem to remember I messaged him at all. :roll:

GrumpyHere

Post by GrumpyHere » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:43 pm

onward60 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm
But I'm trying to document in my chart that I am really, really trying in spite of the terribly short number of hours I succeed in wearing it. I will need that record when I try to get my rental period extended. And I will need him to convince the insurance that I am trying and I deserve another try.
Insurance companies' idea of compliance time doesn't actually mean time used while asleep.

You can use the machine in the afternoon while watching TV. It will still count toward that requirement.
ResMed Lumis Tx - VAuto mode

onward60

Post by onward60 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 pm

I found my heated hose is very cheap on amazon. :D The seller looks to be legit, a medical supply company, and it's shipped by amazon.