YEA My First Oscar submission

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
scf

YEA My First Oscar submission

Post by scf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:13 am

I hope it is in the correct format. I checked the instructions on what you want to see. It did not have a calendar or a pie chart or a right hand side side bar to delete? What you see below is how it looked. I was unsure if I needed to shrink it so more info would be on it... It seems like it would be too small for you to read?

I have bare minimum knowledge on how to interpret the data at this point. I am still learning. I want to go ahead and get your opinion on the CA's because I have my first return appointment to the sleep clinic next week since I did the home sleep study. Note that this is with the advanced practice nurse. I have yet to meet a doctor?

I see that nearly all of my events are clear airway events... does this mean central events? I also read somewhere where these can be treatment related and may clear up after some time.

Thank you for your help.
ResMed AirSense Autoset FOR HER/F30i

Pugsy

Re: YEA My First Oscar submission

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am

How long did it take you to fall asleep?

Even if all of those centrals are real asleep centrals (which I doubt all of them are asleep flagging) you aren't having enough centrals to earn the diagnosis of central sleep apnea.

Note....a few real asleep centrals are normal and any awake breathing centrals are ignored.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

scf

Post by scf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:24 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am
How long did it take you to fall asleep?

Even if all of those centrals are real asleep centrals (which I doubt all of them are asleep flagging) you aren't having enough centrals to earn the diagnosis of central sleep apnea.

Note....a few real asleep centrals are normal and any awake breathing centrals are ignored.
It probably took me 20-30 minutes. It was my first night on the buckwheat pillow and that takes a little adjusting to. And I was awake for an hour or so around 4-5. Thank you so much for your help. You rock Pugsy! I sincerely hope people appreciate what you do to help people. A true ministry.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 am

Any reason your max setting is low (at 12) rather than at e.g. 20 where most are set (I also see where - in red - it looks like it wants to be higher. Also don't need your dock :mrgreen:.

Your 'centrals' are neglible and are more likely what's called 'clear airway events' that occur just on falling asleep and just prior to waking.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am

You did it -- posted a chart! Well done.

Next time, try squeezing in a few more graphs. You can do that by grabbing the gray bars that separate them and pushing them up a little.

Here are the basic graphs for a screenshot:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

I'd be especially interested to see the flow limitation graph. My suspicion is that your pressure is driven up by FLs as well as hypopneas. If that's the case, I wouldn't recommend increasing your maximum above its current level of 11. The additional pressure would be unlikely to resolve FLs and could just bug you.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

scf

Post by scf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Julie wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 am
Any reason your max setting is low (at 12) rather than at e.g. 20 where most are set (I also see where - in red - it looks like it wants to be higher. Also don't need your dock :mrgreen:.

Your 'centrals' are neglible and are more likely what's called 'clear airway events' that occur just on falling asleep and just prior to waking.
LOL on the dock. I did not even notice that. I was so honed in on getting it posted "correctly." Now the world knows that I love Vegas slots on the computer. But in my defense, my daughter is a Vegas entertainer.

The doctor ordered a lowering of the initial 5-20 pressure settings after the RT at the DME sent over a question I had based on the MyAir app.

Thanks so much for your post. It relieves me that I am probably not having real centrals.
Last edited by scf on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scf

Post by scf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Miss Emerita wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am

Next time, try squeezing in a few more graphs. You can do that by grabbing the gray bars that separate them and pushing them up a little.

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

I'd be especially interested to see the flow limitation graph. My suspicion is that your pressure is driven up by FLs as well as hypopneas. If that's the case, I wouldn't recommend increasing your maximum above its current level of 11. The additional pressure would be unlikely to resolve FLs and could just bug you.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will change the chart next tine. You are so helpful and I really appreciate it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Julie wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 am
No, "clear air apneas" are a made up name from Respironics, the rest of the industry calls them "central apneas".

What you're describing are transition apneas, or 'sleep/wake junk' in the forum parlance.

Please don't confuse people.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

scf

Post by scf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:14 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

Here you go without the dock, lol.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:05 pm

scf wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:03 pm
The doctor ordered a lowering of the initial 5-20 pressure settings after the RT at the DME sent over a question I had based on the MyAir app.
Shoulda left the max pressure alone and *raised* the min pressure, quite a bit.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

scf

Post by scf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:05 pm
scf wrote:
So I should try raising the minimum to what?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:50 pm

Probably at least 8 or 9 minimum. See how once you are asleep the pressure goes up and stays up for the most part??

But it's a big jump to go from 5 to 9 and might be uncomfortable and cause you to have trouble falling asleep which is of course unwanted.
I usually suggest smaller increments for increasing the pressure....like maybe 2 cm increase to 7 cm for a few days then maybe another 2 cm increase.....all the while watching the results. Might get lucky and with a more optimal minimum all night that the machine might not need to go quite so high.

Increase the max to at least 15 and see what happens. The machine won't go higher without a good reason.
Normally we just say leave it at the max of 20 ....only restrict the max if the going higher creates a problem like with aerophagia or way too many centrals pop up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

scf

Post by scf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:50 pm
Probably at least 8 or 9 minimum. See how once you are asleep the pressure goes up and stays up for the most part??

But it's a big jump to go from 5 to 9 and might be uncomfortable and cause you to have trouble falling asleep which is of course unwanted.
I usually suggest smaller increments for increasing the pressure....like maybe 2 cm increase to 7 cm for a few days then maybe another 2 cm increase.....all the while watching the results. Might get lucky and with a more optimal minimum all night that the machine might not need to go quite so high.

Increase the max to at least 15 and see what happens. The machine won't go higher without a good reason.
Normally we just say leave it at the max of 20 ....only restrict the max if the going higher creates a problem like with aerophagia or way too many centrals pop up.
Thanks so much.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 pm

scf wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm
palerider wrote:
scf wrote:
I'd go with what Pugsy already said.

scf

Post by scf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:26 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 pm
scf wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:36 pm
palerider wrote:
scf wrote:
I'd go with what Pugsy already said.
I plan to do that.