Morning Apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pkeegan

Morning Apnea

Post by Pkeegan » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 pm

Hey-

I've been on Apap for a while now. Recently, I'm having problems waking up at 5-5:30 in the morning and when I try to go back to sleep I have multiple apneas. I'm assuming they are centrals. Any suggestions on changes I should make to help with this problem? I'm considering lowering my pressures to combat the centrals. I sleep awesome until then.

Thanks,
Patrick
Resmed Airsense 11
Resmed F20 Mask

zonker

Re: Morning Apnea

Post by zonker » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Pkeegan wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 pm
Hey-

I've been on Apap for a while now. Recently, I'm having problems waking up at 5-5:30 in the morning and when I try to go back to sleep I have multiple apneas. I'm assuming they are centrals. Any suggestions on changes I should make to help with this problem? I'm considering lowering my pressures to combat the centrals. I sleep awesome until then.

Thanks,
Patrick
do us a favor and put your machine and mask in your signature as the forum isn't showing any equipment you put in your profile.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:55 am

I have most of my apneas in the morning too. I'll wake up, look at the clock, go back asleep.... then boom... here they come. Just make sure you are hooked up to the machine and let it do it's thang.

Sheriff

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 pm

How do you know you are having apneas in the morning - from machine data or symptoms? I wouldn't make any adjustments based on thinking they might be centrals without something definitive. Lowering pressure could cause more obstructive events so you'd want to be certain that consequence was unavoidable. I'll let others weigh in on assessing the intricate details of machine data so you can work from a point of certainty.