Does System one heated tube fit a deam station machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
photonic

Does System one heated tube fit a deam station machine?

Post by photonic » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:28 pm

I have some reserve new system one heated tubes for my recalled Phillips system one ASV machine. I expect they will eventually give me a replacement machine which will most likely be in the dream station line. I can't find through various searches whether the old system one heated tube will fit the new dreamstation machines. I notice the color of the connector is different. Anybody know the answer to this? Perhaps I should keep the tubes to use with a potential replacement or perhaps move them on.

Thanks for your thoughts
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
8 years with F&P Oracle mouth mask now changing to
F&P Evora Full with S-M size
Hozer hose management device (a miracle!)
OSCAR software

Pugsy

Re: Does System one heated tube fit a deam station machine?

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:40 pm

You know I have looked and looked for same information and never could find anything official but I seem to remember someone saying that the heated hoses were compatible between 60 series system one and the dreamstation. It was someone who actually used them....supposedly.

Keep the hoses for now and then see if they will work or not later once you get the replacement machine.

To be honest....it's unlikely that you will find many people wanting a system one heated hose right now anyway.
I had/have some a while back before the recall that I couldn't give away and they were brand new sealed.
I am hoping that eventually we will find out for sure if they will work on the dreamstations and send them on to new homes.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

photonic

Post by photonic » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Thanks Pugsy! I will take your advice and hold onto them. If they don't eventually fit, I will look to give them away, but from what I am hearing, the system one is ancient history. You are always so helpful. Thanks.
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
OSCAR software

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm

Just an aside. The heated hoses from the DreamStation1 will work with the DreamStation2. There is a new type for the DreamStation2, but the old ones are compatible. I suspect that they're behind on their manufacturing, and backwards compatibility was a good way to make sure that heated hoses are available (I.E. by alloiwing the old ones that are in existence to be used).

photonic

Post by photonic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Helpful!
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
OSCAR software