new replacement machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
csmlet

new replacement machine

Post by csmlet » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:42 pm

If you have received a replacement machine through the Phillips recall program would you please post when you registered your old machine and how long before you got your replacement. Just trying to guess how long I am going to have to wait for my new replacement. Thanks.

Julie

Re: new replacement machine

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:52 pm

Very many are not waiting if they can afford either slightly used (or new) machines from e.g. Secondwindcpap.com (no script needed) or a local Craigslist, etc... and part of the reason at least is that they realize Resmed machines are better all around, especially the relatively newer ones like the Airsense 10 (or now 11) Autoset, and the For Her versions which have a better algorithm and are not just ''for her''.

csmlet

Post by csmlet » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:21 am

I bought the airsense 10 but would like my replacement for a backup

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Discontinued use after 6/13/2021 (used an old machine from storage instead). Signed up for recall shortly thereafter. Got replacement 9/13/2021.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 pm

D.H. wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 pm
Discontinued use after 6/13/2021 (used an old machine from storage instead). Signed up for recall shortly thereafter. Got replacement 9/13/2021.
Update 09/15/2021: Received a DreamStation2 shipped by FedEx. It was not set to my prescription, but I figured out how to set it without much trouble.

DaveS_

Post by DaveS_ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 am

Have not gotten so much as an email

Graypoet

Post by Graypoet » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 am

I registered my old machine on July 31.. a new machine arrived on September 22.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:32 am

With luck, the Oscar crew should be able to crack the codes.
Or Respironics will stop their dirty tricks, to save their business.

alfons

Post by alfons » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:41 am

I discontinued use and registered my recalled Respironics DreamStation in the last week of June, but never received any confirmation of registration or any other contact. I have not received a replacement, so I contacted support today to ask about the replacement schedule. I mentioned that I saw in this forum that people who registered at about the same time and even a month after me already have replacements. The representative told me that she has no idea what order they are using to replace devices but that I'll be contacted when my replacement is ready. She also told me that the confirmation number for my registration is not important and that if I registered then they have my contact information. Just out of curiosity, I tried to register my device again today and the registration site told me that it's already registered. I guess that's my confirmation.

Holocron

Post by Holocron » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:58 am

I just received notice of the recall on 9/14/2021 from my DME. So, I expect I'll get either a replacement sometime in 2022.

I suppose based on the limited data so far, a more reasonable response would be 11/14/2021. However, I suspect I'm going to be in the repair/replace with repaired group given the lateness of my registration and age of my machine ( 5+ years, but insurance had said they wouldn't replace if it was working and repairable--but that was in May, prior to recall ). I haven't yet checked with insurance to see if I can now get a new one. However, since my DME supplier has not returned my calls or emails for two weeks now, I will have to do that on my own.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who already have a backup (my AirMini for travel).

Additional Comments: Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier for daily use. (Not listed above) Airmini for travel.
Daily Driver (normally sans recall): Phillips SystemOne w/ Humidifier / DreamWear Nasal Cushion
Travel Unit (now currently daily driver during recall): ResMed Airmini / AirFit P10

Earth

Post by Earth » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:15 am

Wife and I registered our machines in June about the 20th. Just last week we received both New Phillips (DreamStation 2) delivered by fed ex 9/22/21 and 9/23/21 so about 3-4 months also there is a return request and sticker address instructions for your old Phillips DreamStations. More information We contacted our DME for a possible exchange on the unopened still in the box units for 2 Resmed airsense and of course they could not comply so this week we will try with our pulmonologist DR. : If no resolve there I will defoam the new DreamStations as I did with the other Dreamstations use those while we search and look for some Airsense 10 or 11 machines .

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:15 pm

The update stated that Philips has received authorization from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to begin the repair and/or replacement process for affected first-generation DreamStation devices in the USA. I registered my older System one model that was discontinued when the dreamstation was introduced and suspect i will have to wait longer.

When you receive a replacement machine under the recall can you also tell us what model was replaced.

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:53 pm

I live in Washington State. I started CPAP treatment with the DreamStation on 4/8/21. This is the only device I was offered by my DME dealer and it was put on a rental contract paid by Medicare. I never used any type of ozone cleaner on the machine.

I registered on 6/28/21 as soon as I found out about the recall on YouTube. I bought a Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle online that was delivered on 8/18/21. I was concerned that it would take up to a year to receive a replacement or repair and I was concerned about the health risks. I paid for the SleepStyle myself, as Medicare wouldn't cover the replacement.

My replacement DreamStation 2 was delivered last Saturday, 9/25/21. I didn't receive any advance notice, it just arrived on my doorstep. I live in Washington State.

The replacement machine wasn't setup with my pressure settings, so I learned how to do it myself, which was easy, from Nick at CPAP Reviews in a YouTube video. I didn't put my old SD card in the machine until after everything was setup. If I had done this first, perhaps the setup would have been automatic.

I used the machine for the first time last night, 9/26/21 and my AHI was 6.2. This was substantially higher than the 2.5 average AHI I had on the F & P SleepStyle since I started using it. Pursuant to advice I received in this forum, I am going to increase the minimum pressure tonight from 8 to 9, and the maximum pressure from 12 to 20.

I hope everyone else gets their replacements soon and that they do a good job with your therapy.

Steptoe