Zero events, Zero AHI score, 4 nights in a row?? New Aircurve ASV, REALLY??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gulfstream

Zero events, Zero AHI score, 4 nights in a row?? New Aircurve ASV, REALLY??

Post by Gulfstream » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:48 am

So, I'm 5 nights in with my new Aircurve S10 ASV. Did a little tweaking on the first night of the initial settings as prescribed by my sleep Doc along with some well-appreciated help from a forum member here. I hope what I'm seeing is true but it seems too good. I will say I feel that I have had excellent sleep over these days so it appears that the machine is functioning correctly. But, for 4 nights in a row I have zero AHI, Zero Events recorded. In my 8 years, or so, of cpap use I've never recorded a night of zero events. I've attached a couple of screenshots of my new Resmed and, for comparison, one night of my old Philips Dreamstation.

Does this look right?? I certainly hope so!!

Thanking you in advance!

cpap Resmed 2.png
cpap Resmed 2.png (215.74 KiB) Viewed 918 times
cpap Resmed 3.png
cpap Resmed 3.png (208.21 KiB) Viewed 918 times
cpap screenshot-1.png
cpap screenshot-1.png (117.37 KiB) Viewed 918 times

palerider

Re: Zero events, Zero AHI score, 4 nights in a row?? New Aircurve ASV, REALLY??

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:10 pm

Gulfstream wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:48 am
So, I'm 5 nights in with my new Aircurve S10 ASV. Did a little tweaking on the first night of the initial settings as prescribed by my sleep Doc along with some well-appreciated help from a forum member here. I hope what I'm seeing is true but it seems too good. I will say I feel that I have had excellent sleep over these days so it appears that the machine is functioning correctly. But, for 4 nights in a row I have zero AHI, Zero Events recorded. In my 8 years, or so, of cpap use I've never recorded a night of zero events. I've attached a couple of screenshots of my new Resmed and, for comparison, one night of my old Philips Dreamstation.

Does this look right?? I certainly hope so!!

Thanking you in advance!
It looks right, the Resmed ASV is a pretty sweet machine, and zeros aren't at all uncommon with it, since it's watching your breathing every single breath, unlike most machines.

Enjoy

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

See-Papa

Post by See-Papa » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Sweet! Yes It's right/ I have learned how to get lots of nights with 0 AHI too.

BTW the events that get recorded are basically just looking at your flow rate and computing an average over the last few minutes or so, then seeing if your flow rate over like 10 seconds or so drops below that average, like 50% for hypo or 10% for apnea.

So it is kind if an arbitrary threshold.

Trust your feelings the most, and if you feel like you are dreaming and having good sleep.

Just look at your flow rate now and see if it stays steady. You don't want periods where it establishes a steady flow, then gets reduced. Those reductions are you struggling to breath in some form or another. Makes for poor sleep.

Keep your airway open!

Additional Comments: AirFit F-10 also when I have a cold. Pressure 10 CPAP

Gulfstream

Post by Gulfstream » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:48 am

Thank you for the responses. I think I am going to love the Resmed. :) :) :) I just wish I had one a long time ago.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:54 am

Gulfstream wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:48 am
Thank you for the responses. I think I am going to love the Resmed. :) :) :) I just wish I had one a long time ago.
that seems to be the consensus from those of us who have tried both.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Gulfstream

Post by Gulfstream » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:15 pm

See-Papa wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Sweet! Yes It's right/ I have learned how to get lots of nights with 0 AHI too.

BTW the events that get recorded are basically just looking at your flow rate and computing an average over the last few minutes or so, then seeing if your flow rate over like 10 seconds or so drops below that average, like 50% for hypo or 10% for apnea.

So it is kind if an arbitrary threshold.

Trust your feelings the most, and if you feel like you are dreaming and having good sleep.

Just look at your flow rate now and see if it stays steady. You don't want periods where it establishes a steady flow, then gets reduced. Those reductions are you struggling to breath in some form or another. Makes for poor sleep.

Keep your airway open!
Thanks See-Papa. More information that I can use to monitor/understand my therapy!!

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:25 pm

Life has very few quick fixes, despite our society's need for instant gratification. Put in the time learning. At the top of the board, you will see Pugsy's Pointers, Newbies Start Here, etc. Invest the time reading and learning.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask