Has anyone here used Wellue Oximeters

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bwexler

Has anyone here used Wellue Oximeters

Post by bwexler » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:22 pm

My CMS 50I seems to have died.
I am looking for a replacement.
I came across Wellue Oximeters and would like to know if anyone here has used them and what they think of them.
Is OSCAR familiar with Wellue?

zonker

Re: Has anyone here used Wellue Oximeters

Post by zonker » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:38 pm

forum friend grumpyhere has the skinny-
GrumpyHere wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:11 am
Contec and Wellue products both integrate with OSCAR

The following text is from the Import Wizard about Contec (https://www.contecmed.com/ProductInfoCa ... geInfoId=0)
Welcome to the Oximeter Import Wizard
Pulse Oximeters are medical devices used to measure blood oxygen saturation. During extended Apnea events and abnormal breathing patterns, blood oxygen saturation levels can drop significantly, and can indicate issues that need medical attention.
OSCAR gives you the ability to track Oximetry data alongside CPAP session data, which can give valuable insight into the effectiveness of CPAP treatment. It will also work standalone with your Pulse Oximeter, allowing you to store, track and review your recorded data.
OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.
(Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probably not possible yet)
You may wish to note, other companies, such as Pulox, simply rebadge Contec CMS50's under new names, such as the Pulox PO-200, PO-300, PO-400. These should also work.
It also can read from ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter .dat files.
Please remember: If you are trying to sync oximetry and CPAP data, please make sure you imported your CPAP sessions first before proceeding!
Important Notes: For OSCAR to be able to locate and read directly from your Oximeter device, you need to ensure the correct device drivers (eg. USB to Serial UART) have been installed on your computer. For more information about this, click here.
Contec CMS50D+ devices do not have an internal clock, and do not record a starting time. If you do not have a CPAP session to link a recording to, you will have to enter the start time manually after the import process is completed.
Even for devices with an internal clock, it is still recommended to get into the habit of starting oximeter records at the same time as CPAP sessions, because CPAP internal clocks tend to drift over time, and not all can be reset easily.
The following text is from AB wiki regarding Wellue (https://getwellue.com/pages/oxygen-monitor-collection)
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.p ... ile_Import

OSCAR 1.1.0 supports the Wellue (Viatom) pulse oximeters listed below. Viatom devices are distributed in the US by Wellue (and Lookee?), and may have different names than their international equivalents.
  • Wellue SleepU
  • Wellue O2Ring
  • Probably Lookee Wrist and Ring sleep monitors (untested)
  • Possibly others, such as the KidsO2 and Checkme O2, but they are currently untested.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Thank you

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:55 pm

bwexler wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:09 pm
Thank you
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:20 am

I have used the Wellue Ring pulse oximiter daily for almost nine months. It has worked perfectly and the only complaint I have seen is the battery is not replaceable and it loses it charging capability over time. I simply have not seen this. Each morning I click on the ViHealth app (in the Apple store) and it automatically downloads the info from the night on my IPAD. I take a look at the data and then hook up the ring to my computer via the supplied usb cord. This prepares it to import the data into Oscar and also begins charging the ring. I have seen no degradation at all in the battery and it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to charge it for the next night. The only drawback I would note to someone considering getting one is this. It comes from China and if there is any issue, there is no one you can talk to. Your only recourse is email, and while they generally respond in a day or two, it is a cumbersome process. In my case, there was a delay in the delivery of the device which they blamed on the U.S. Post office, but I believe they screwed up the shipping and it was never sent. They had me wait two weeks extra for it to show up, and when it didn't, they shipped me a ring. I believe they are reputable, but if problems arise, it is cumbersome. My ring on the other hand has been flawless and I feel it was worth every cent.It provides another piece of the puzzle and provides important information.
Thumper
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

1speechpick

Post by 1speechpick » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:40 am

I have the Wellvue oximeter ring and I love it. It seems accurate and the data transfer to the app on the phone or computer is easy. The only downside I've found is I've been unable to get the data integrated with Oscar. I'm on a Mac and I'm not very techy. Grumpyhere graciously showed me the step-by-step instructions and I still got stuck. But the watch itself seems great.
ResMed AirSense 10 For Her with humidifier and heated hose
Resmed Airfit N20

"The best view comes after the hardest climb"

SleepyCPAP

Post by SleepyCPAP » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:43 am

I just started using my Wellue O2Ring, and find it much more convenient than the 50D+ oximeter. No going into menus to get is started, easy to sync with the iOS app (which then can export the binary file so OSCAR can find it). Very easy to wear (whereas the 50D+ would hurt my finger and feel bulky). The O2Ring has multiple recording sessions (whereas the 50D+ had only one).

Also the Wellue gives OSCAR the correct Min and Max for the daily chart in OSCAR (my 50D+ always seemed to throw in a glitch reading for minimum, such as “46”)

One downside is the sampling rate - once every four seconds according to the literature. I think the 50D+ was every second.

I’ve heard the built-in battery of the O2Ring wears out over time, but mine is too new to worry about that. That is never an issue with the 50D+, as it uses AAA batteries.

So far it is worth the price. I think (with coupon) it came out to $150. That is three times what I paid for my CMS50D+, but is worth it for convenience and comfort.

-- SleepyCPAP
Sleep study in 2010 (11cm CPAP). Pillows (Swift FX>TAP PAP >Bleep). PRS1 “Pro” 450/460 until recall, now Aircurve 10 VAuto. Tape mouth. Palatal Prolapse solved by AlaxoStent & VAuto EPAP 4cm, PS 3.6cm = 0.0 AHI

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:14 pm

Both my and I have the Wellue rings that we got in Dec 2019. When I got mine I was suspicious of having an apnea problem. The O2Ring was showing significant drops of SPO2 during sleep and I brought a couple nights of recorded data to my doc. He set up a sleep study based on the drops in the SPO2 levels from the O2Ring and I've now been on CPAP for a year and a half. I look at the data every morning as well as what my DreamStation/DreamMapper results are and between these I get a pretty good idea of how I did sleepwise. I like to keep it simple, so I don't use OSCAR much unless there seems to be a problem with the numbers that I get.

There are a couple issues that we've had with the O2Rings, but for the length of time we've had them the batteries have held up well and still seem good.

The supplied cable has a USB connector which has electronics in it so the the data can 'talk' to a PC via USB. Both cables we have have had an issue of not being able to connect or once when unplugging mine threw the PC into a Blue Screen lockup mode (USB power buss was shorted I think). What I found by splitting open the USB connector case is that the wires soldered to the board had broken off due to the cable flexing in usage. Kind of a poor design that could have been done better to alleviate the breakage. I was able to resolder the wires and the cables have been OK for now, but I did order a replacement from the company so I'd have a spare which did get sent out quickly.

The other issue was my wife's ring. The thin silicone strap of the finger hole is pretty strong, but she rolled over one night and snagged the ring on something and the thin strip broke. I 'fixed' it with some loops of heavy thread and its held now for several months

shandler

Post by shandler » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:59 am

I've had moine sine July of 2020 and use it every night. I believe todat the battery finally gave out since it seems to have stopped charging.
Overall this had been a great product and helped in determining my sleep apnea. I'm going to se if I can figure out how to replace the battery and if not will most likely purchase another. Maybe they'll make me a deal if I reach out to them? We'll see. Either way I can't imagine not using it now in conjunction with my CPAP.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:31 am

shandler......

If you're using the cable that came with the O2 ring to charge it, try a standard USB cable that has the connector (USB Micro I think it's called) that will fit the port on the ring. As shown in my images above the wires can break off from the circuit board. If either the black or red wires have come loose the ring will not charge. If you're handy at soldering, the case splits easily with utility knife to get access to the wires and circuit board. I fastened a plastic tie wrap around it to hold it together after the repair. If you can get it charge with a regular USB cable, a replacement cable from Wellue is around $40. I bought one as a spare and it shipped quickly.

WHB74

Post by WHB74 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:03 am

shandler wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:59 am
I've had moine sine July of 2020 and use it every night. I believe todat the battery finally gave out since it seems to have stopped charging.
Overall this had been a great product and helped in determining my sleep apnea. I'm going to se if I can figure out how to replace the battery and if not will most likely purchase another. Maybe they'll make me a deal if I reach out to them? We'll see. Either way I can't imagine not using it now in conjunction with my CPAP.
Did you ever figure out how to open up the ring and change the battery? I read on another website that it takes a battery similar to a coin style battery so I'm wondering if it's a CR2032. I've been searching the internet to see if people have replaced the battery and I'm not having any luck finding any posts on that.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:40 am

WHB74 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:03 am
Did you ever figure out how to open up the ring and change the battery? I read on another website that it takes a battery similar to a coin style battery so I'm wondering if it's a CR2032. I've been searching the internet to see if people have replaced the battery and I'm not having any luck finding any posts on that.
The top of my wife's O2Ring came off and I don't recall anything that looked like a 'coin' battery. Usually coin batteries are not rechargeable and I suspect they use some sort of NiMh or lithium flat pack which isn't easily replaced.
As I noted in a couple previous posts, the cable isn't too durable and the wires inside can break. This may cause the battery to not charge or the ring won't communicate with the software. The case can be pried apart and if a wire is broken and you have good soldering skills, you may be able to repair it. A new cable can be obtained from Amazon at a fairly reasonable price. I've bought a couple spares to have on hand.
https://www.amazon.com/Charge-Cable-Wel ... B09HGVHQLZ

amenite

Post by amenite » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:44 am

Grumpy48 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:40 am
WHB74 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:03 am
The top of my wife's O2Ring came off and I don't recall anything that looked like a 'coin' battery. Usually coin batteries are not rechargeable and I suspect they use some sort of NiMh or lithium flat pack which isn't easily replaced.
As I noted in a couple previous posts, the cable isn't too durable and the wires inside can break. This may cause the battery to not charge or the ring won't communicate with the software. The case can be pried apart and if a wire is broken and you have good soldering skills, you may be able to repair it. A new cable can be obtained from Amazon at a fairly reasonable price. I've bought a couple spares to have on hand.
https://www.amazon.com/Charge-Cable-Wel ... B09HGVHQLZ
Searching around and not locating any battery offered as replacement for the O2Ring - whatever the right one actually is. If anyone happens to disassemble one of these please see if you can get a photo and the numbers off the battery pack. I am hoping it's not coming up *yet* due to not enough of them wearing out yet, and one day when someone can sell a few they'll advertise them some place.

As to my own O2 ring, no complaints but I do seem to get a 1-2% lower reading on the little finger compared to the others. Perhaps it reads more accurately when it's more snug on the larger fingers? Or vice versa? Feels just a bit loose when on my little finger that's the only difference.

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:13 am

amenite wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:44 am
Searching around and not locating any battery offered as replacement for the O2Ring - whatever the right one actually is. If anyone happens to disassemble one of these please see if you can get a photo and the numbers off the battery pack. I am hoping it's not coming up *yet* due to not enough of them wearing out yet, and one day when someone can sell a few they'll advertise them some place.

As to my own O2 ring, no complaints but I do seem to get a 1-2% lower reading on the little finger compared to the others. Perhaps it reads more accurately when it's more snug on the larger fingers? Or vice versa? Feels just a bit loose when on my little finger that's the only difference.
Does this help. Inards of my wife's defunct ring (display was barely visible).
Cylindrical thing is the buzzer/beeper.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

amenite

Post by amenite » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:32 am

Grumpy48 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:13 am
amenite wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:44 am

Does this help. Inards of my wife's defunct ring (display was barely visible).
Cylindrical thing is the buzzer/beeper.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Got the number from Pic #3 - This one appears to to be the one, don't know how available these would be. I've replaced similar in the past in other devices. I would snip the wires off the existing in order to avoid any soldering on the device itself. Tie in the new battery wires to those left behind.

https://lithiumpolymer-battery.sell.eve ... image.html