Aloha mask discontinued. Mask recommendation??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
72Malibu

Aloha mask discontinued. Mask recommendation??

Post by 72Malibu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:02 am

I have used the Aloha pillow mask for the last few years. Loved it.

But my in-network cpap supplier has informed me the Aloha mask is discontinued and they can no longer get it. They sent me the Swift FX to try. I did not like it. What is your personal preference, especially if your familiar with the Aloha mask ?

I will be calling DeVilbiss today and see if it's discontinued or if my in-network provider just doesn't carry it.

Thank you all and Blessed dreams.

Pugsy

Re: Aloha mask discontinued. Mask recommendation??

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:27 am

What did you not like about the Swift FX? It would help us if we knew more about what you like and don't like about any mask in terms of ideas to give you to try something else.

Look in my signature line for the link to the mask I currently use.. No headgear....I hate headgear...all headgear. :lol:

Otherwise look at the ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask...headgear is minimal...and the venting is essentially silent and you have to put your hand about an inch from the vent holes to even feel the venting...the venting on the Swift FX leaved a lot to be desired IMHO.
But venting might not have been your issue with the Swift FX....that's why it helps for us to know what you like and don't like about a mask in an effort to come up with ideas.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

72Malibu

Post by 72Malibu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 am

Thanks Pugsy for the tip. I was in a hurry this am before work to get the post.

I liked the Aloha due to being minimal. The way the headgear and nasal pillow came together, it kept the sides of the headgear off my face more.

With the FX, it's that same gel type material that the nasal pillow is made from. The nasal is wider at the attachment points, and then the head gear along the face is all the same, and it is tighter against my face. I take it off and where is contacts is just sweating profusely. Not a problem with the Aloha.

In looking just now, the P10 and the Rio II seem to be the most similar to the Aloha. Haven't called the Aloha mfg just yet today, but will here shortly whilst driving to next job.

Thank you Pugsy, and if that is your avatar is you, looking good 8)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 am

72Malibu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 am
Thank you Pugsy, and if that is your avatar is you, looking good
After being sick for nearly a week....if I looked in the mirror and saw a pug looking back it would probably be an improvement.
I am looking rough lately because it's been rough.

Anyhow...my avatar is Sarge...I lost him a couple of years ago due to unexpected heart problem. Broke my heart.
He was a rescue pug...totally devoted to me for 9 years until he was taken from me.
Been a pug lover/owner for over 30 years now....current pug status..2 more rescue pugs along with a couple of mix breed mutts.
You haven't been loved until you have been loved by a pug. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know what F & P says about the Aloha...it surprised me that they would discontinue a very popular mask and it's not really that old of a design. I remember when it was first introduced.
Wouldn't surprise me to know the DME just lied about it because they no longer want to stock it. :shock:
But maybe it has been discontinued for sure and if that's the case we are likely going to be getting lots of questions similar to yours.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:36 pm

I just checked cpap.com for the Aloha Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear https://www.cpap.com/productpage/devilb ... ment-parts and it cosy $68.99 So it looks like they still have it. It say's it is made by InnoMed/RespCare.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:55 pm

squid13 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:36 pm
I just checked cpap.com for the Aloha Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear https://www.cpap.com/productpage/devilb ... ment-parts and it cosy $68.99 So it looks like they still have it. It say's it is made by InnoMed/RespCare.
I would have sworn the Aloha was made by F & P but I could very well be wrong.......my memory is far from perfect. :lol:

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 pm

72Malibu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:02 am
I have used the Aloha pillow mask for the last few years. Loved it.

But my in-network cpap supplier has informed me the Aloha mask is discontinued and they can no longer get it. They sent me the Swift FX to try. I did not like it. What is your personal preference, especially if your familiar with the Aloha mask ?

I will be calling DeVilbiss today and see if it's discontinued or if my in-network provider just doesn't carry it.

Thank you all and Blessed dreams.
My DME just sent me a new Aloha this week. Wonder if it's just your DME no longer carrying it.

72Malibu

Post by 72Malibu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:28 pm

Update

First called DeVilbiss, the mfg. They are still making the Aloha and accessories.

Called my in-network provider. She stated they have the headgear in stock, but not the pillows. She said when it comes around to my next order, they should have pillows. She said possible they are phasing that model out, but nothing on her end qualified that opinion.

To be continued....

Pugsy, you gave him a good life. Be proud of that. So glad your doing the rescues. My wifes aunts in St Louis area did that for years. One was strickly indoor dogs, the other strickly outdoor dogs, IF they could put up with her trained Airedales.

tisket

Post by tisket » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am

Saw this thread and almost had a heart attack. This is the only mask I've ever managed to get zero large leaks with.

Now I'm interested in finding out what similar masks there are (can route hose/attach hose over head). Airfit P30i was a bust for me, leak city with either frame size.
---------------------------------------------------
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, Aloha nasal pillow mask using HoseBuddy for overhead hose management, Nexcare paper tape for mouth

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:40 am

tisket wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am
Saw this thread and almost had a heart attack. This is the only mask I've ever managed to get zero large leaks with.

Now I'm interested in finding out what similar masks there are (can route hose/attach hose over head). Airfit P30i was a bust for me, leak city with either frame size.
Just about any nasal pillow mask can be routed up and over the head with a little DIYing. You don't have to have a supplied ring to hold the hose....you can make your own.
I did it for grins with the Swift FX. You just have to make your own little ring to hold the hose over the head and attached to the frame.
I took a small velcro strip and formed a little ring and ran it through the Swift FX frame at the top and then ran the hose through it.

See below for the Swift FX images. I have thought about doing something similar with the P10 just to see if it can be done as the P10 hose is exceptionally flexible and should also work but just haven't got around to it.

tisket

Post by tisket » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:56 am

Very interesting Pugsy. Are those zip ties you are using to attach it?
---------------------------------------------------
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, Aloha nasal pillow mask using HoseBuddy for overhead hose management, Nexcare paper tape for mouth

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 am

tisket wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:56 am
Very interesting Pugsy. Are those zip ties you are using to attach it?
No zip ties. Just stiff velcro strips but someone could use zip ties if they wished.
Limited only by one's imagination.