ASV Resmed Aircurve 10 CS - Cant Breathe

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sometimesibreathe

ASV Resmed Aircurve 10 CS - Cant Breathe

Post by sometimesibreathe » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi!
I've been on my ASV machine for almost 4 years soon. I've had my ups and downs with it.
A year ago doc changed my settings to try ASVAuto. EPAP Min 4 Max 8 MIN PS 3 MAX PS 8. Its also worthy to note that my machine broke, it still worked but the motor started making car revving sounds as I inhaled. They fixed it, and gave me a substitute machine for it(same model) for about 2 months. I got it back and soon after I had a big cold, so I couldnt sleep with the machine for about a week due to stuffy nose. So now I've struggled with the machine for about a month. My problem is the following:
I fall asleep quickly and well. At first I can breathe very pleasantly with the machine. Wake up a hour to 3 hours later with the feeling of mild suffocation, or the feeling of trying to inhale in the mountains. I usually do breathe very shallowly. I did try to increase the EPAP and PS values, but then my ears started to clogg up from the pressure and I started swallowing too much air. Is it possible that the motor just gets tired after a few hours, since they did just change one bearing in it that was making noise? Or maybe I could change just one setting instead of both epap and ps. Have any of you experienced this before?

Best wishes