SD Card Not Sending Data (?)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: SD Card Not Sending Data (?)

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm

What operating system is on your computer?.....Mac??? If I remember right....I know absolutely nothing about any operating system other than Windows and even that is limited.

When I installed OSCAR 1.2 it overwrote 1.1 and I didn't have to even think.
How Macs install stuff....I am clueless.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Did you upload files under the name b...z...? If so, your SD card is empty. There is absolutely nothing in the zip file.

Please open the SD card on your computer and see if there are any files inside of it. If there are files, make sure you created the zip file using OSCAR 1.2.0. The earlier version sometimes had a problem creating a zip file of the SD card.

Also, make sure that when you insert the SD card in your CPAP machine that the card is unlocked. If locked, the CPAP machine cannot write any data to the card.

You only need the latest version of OSCAR -- version 1.2.0. I don't know why you have two versions; the new one should have overwritten the old one when you installed it.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Sorry, BlueDragon, maybe I just don’t understand enough to respond accurately, but I think I see a Datalog zip file, that’s 637 MB. Is that not what you wanted?

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:09 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm
What operating system is on your computer?.....Mac??? If I remember right....I know absolutely nothing about any operating system other than Windows and even that is limited.

When I installed OSCAR 1.2 it overwrote 1.1 and I didn't have to even think.
How Macs install stuff....I am clueless.
You may be “clueless” about Macs installing stuff, but you have a PC. I, OTOH...

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm

The zip file you uploaded is only 1 KB in size and has no files or directories inside it. Could you try creating the zip file again and uploading it again? If you are seeing contents in the zip file, just upload it again. I don't know what might have gone wrong. Make sure you use OSCAR 1.2.0 to create the zip file of the SD card.

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Okay, BlueDragon, I just checked the Datalog zipped file in Archive Utility, which confirms that it’s empty. Which means...I didn’t install Oscar 1.2.0 correctly? That I need to look in 1.1.0 (which still appears in Apps)?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:21 pm

To be honest, I don't know what it means! Your situation is confusing.

Do this: using OSCAR 1.2.0, use Help/Troubleshooting/Create ZIP of CPAP data card again. Look at the zip file it creates. If that zip file has contents, upload it to me as before. If it is empty, do you know how to create a zip file of an SD card (without using OSCAR)? You could do that and send me that zip file. (I know it is possible to do that but I don't know the steps.)

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 pm

Sorry, BlueDragon, for this unending confusion.

I tried to follow instructions for formatting SD card and then for creating zip file on Mac. Nonetheless, I might've just ended with the same as before, a zip file (now labelled Datalog2) with 637 MB.

So, maybe I should just remove Oscar 1.1.0 altogether, and install 1.2.0? Would that just mean I'd lose all previous data, but otherwise start fresh?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Please go ahead and install 1.2.0. You data will be preserved and the database updated automatically if needed. That may not change the problem you are having.

Also, I need to have a zip of the entire SD card, not just the DATALOG directory, to load it into OSCAR.

You mention "formatting" the SD card. You should not ever have to do that, and formatting destroys all data on the card.

I do see some questions when I look at just the DATALOG directory. Most importantly, the last day for which there is data is January 13th. While there are DATALOG directory entries for 1/22, 1/26, and 1/27, the directories contain no files. You said you have switched between several SD cards on your CPAP machine.

When was this card last used overnight in the machine? If it was in the machine on the nights of 1/22, 1/26, and 1/27 and you used the machine on those nights, then the problem may be as Pugsy suggested earlier -- a hardware failure the SD slot in your CPAP machine.

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:24 pm

I'm still not understanding everything, but let me add a few things that maybe will be helpful.

When I insert the "old" SD card, all it shows are Datalog, STR, etc., none of which are "files." (although if formatting destroys data, that alone might have messed things up)

Still, when I insert either of the 2 other SD cards I've tried in the past week (which I'd used previously for other things), the only CPAP stuff it shows are STR.edf (document) and folders for Settings and Datalog.

Yes, the machine has been used every night, with 1 of these 3 cards. So maybe just try again to install Oscar 1.2.0? And if still no data, see about a CPAP machine replacement? (unless there's such a thing as a card-slot replacement?)

Again, BlueDragon, sorry for dragging this out and tying you up.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:30 pm

Amishboy51 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:24 pm
Still, when I insert either of the 2 other SD cards I've tried in the past week (which I'd used previously for other things), the only CPAP stuff it shows are STR.edf (document) and folders for Settings and Datalog.
Yes, the machine has been used every night, with 1 of these 3 cards. So maybe just try again to install Oscar 1.2.0? And if still no data, see about a CPAP machine replacement? (unless there's such a thing as a card-slot replacement?)
There should also be two files named Identification.tgt and Identification.crc on the SD card. str.edf is a file and not a folder. Settings and Datalog are folders.

How old is your CPAP machine? Is it still under warranty?

Why not zip up the other two SD cards you have used recently -- the entire card not just the DATALOG directory -- and I will look at them.

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 am

Hey, BlueDragon, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I wasn't ignoring you, just had to go through the steps.

Anyway, I downloaded Oscar 1.2.0 (I think; that's what it reads at the top of the page), zipped Contents on a new card using Oscar, zipped the same card without Oscar, and...nothing (148 kb). [I didn't upload to your Dropbox again bc I didn't want to waste your time, but if you want, I'll be happy to do so]

The Cpap was bought new, and is maybe 2 years old.

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:21 am

Okay, BlueDragon, I changed my mind, just added a non-CPAP file to the card, and uploaded to your Dropbox.

TIA.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Nothing there either.

I think you should contact your DME and have them check whether your machine is actually writing to the SD card.

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:23 pm

So, I didn't want to leave BlueDragon, Pugsy, or anyone else following this issue just hanging, so here's an update.

I first contacted my equipment supplier, who punted to Lincare, my equipment supplier, who punted to ResMed, my CPAP machine manufacturer. Lincare basically said they had no ideas, although they confirmed that the machine was transmitting (?) data, because they could see at least my basic usage info. ResMed technical support said they have their own program (ResScan), so they, Lincare, and my doctor were all able to see all my data. However, the tech naturally didn't know anything (or wouldn't say anything) about "third party" programs.

So, it looks like I'll continue to check in here periodically, but (unless I get desperate and simply delete and reinstall Oscar) I just won't have access to my data.

Regardless, thanks again, BlueDragon, Pugsy, etc., for your help and information.