SD Card Not Sending Data (?)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Amishboy51

SD Card Not Sending Data (?)

Post by Amishboy51 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am

So I’ve been bumbling along, with my usual very low skill level, using SH and Oscar 1.1.0 for a couple years now. Suddenly I’ve got what I’d call a “data problem.”

About a week ago, I stopped getting overnight data. I’d been using a “high performance” :roll: 16 GB SD card for a couple years, so I figured maybe the card was the problem. So I replaced it overnight with a different 16 GB card, and the night after that with a third 16 GB card. When I inserted each of the 2 new cards into the SD reader on my Mac (Big Sur 11.1), I got the usual messages with the CPAP Importer (“A ResMed file structure was located at...would you like to import from this location?”), but still nothing.

Can anyone offer any ideas that are hopefully simple enough for me to understand and implement? Thanks.

zonker

Re: SD Card Not Sending Data (?)

Post by zonker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:06 pm

Amishboy51 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am
So I’ve been bumbling along, with my usual very low skill level, using SH and Oscar 1.1.0 for a couple years now. Suddenly I’ve got what I’d call a “data problem.”

About a week ago, I stopped getting overnight data. I’d been using a “high performance” :roll: 16 GB SD card for a couple years, so I figured maybe the card was the problem. So I replaced it overnight with a different 16 GB card, and the night after that with a third 16 GB card. When I inserted each of the 2 new cards into the SD reader on my Mac (Big Sur 11.1), I got the usual messages with the CPAP Importer (“A ResMed file structure was located at...would you like to import from this location?”), but still nothing.

Can anyone offer any ideas that are hopefully simple enough for me to understand and implement? Thanks.
one of the oscar developers, bluedragon, is a memeber here. let's see if we can summon him to your problem-
BlueDragon wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:37 pm
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Thank you, Zonker. I had seen many comprehensive posts from bluedragon, but was hesitant to offer him the “challenge” of trying to help me. [after all, they don’t call me “amishboy” for nothing! :lol:]

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Amishboy51 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:14 pm
Thank you, Zonker. I had seen many comprehensive posts from bluedragon, but was hesitant to offer him the “challenge” of trying to help me. [after all, they don’t call me “amishboy” for nothing! :lol:]
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:10 pm

Amishboy51 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am
Have you been using Big Sur for a while and has it been recognizing and importing from your SD card before?

After you get the message that OSCAR has found a structure, what happens next? Does it allow you to go ahead with the import? If you say yes, exactly what happens? Does the import appear to run but no new data appears? Or does the import not run? Or what?

There is a known problem with importing ResMed data if your CPAP machine and computer are not set to the same timzone (usually because the machine is DST but the computer not) and you try to import less than an hour after getting up. If that is the situation, just wait until at least an hour has passed and import the data again. (This is only an issue with the ResMed importer.)

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:03 pm

I don’t recall the exact date, but I think I installed Big Sur a few weeks ago, so, yeah, it was recognizing and importing data.

Yes, it “seems” to be importing, ie., identifies structure, asks whether I want to import to this location, then parsing, cataloguing, etc., but then indicates my last use was almost 2 weeks ago. So import appears to run, but no new data.

And I didn’t check the time zones yet, but I waited way more than an hour after awakening to try to import.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:17 pm

As something to try you might try installing the newer latest version of OSCAR and see if that resolves your issue.
BlueDragon has a link in his signature line.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:26 pm

Thanks, Pugsy; I had noticed there’s been a new Oscar version for a couple months now. I wasn’t sure whether that might make things even more complicated, but I suppose I don’t have much to lose at this point.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 pm

Sorry to be slow in responding. I had my eyes dilated today and have not been able to look at a monitor (or even a TV).

If you are not using OSCAR 1.2.0, please upgrade to it. We revised the way the computer finds SD cards in 1.2.0 and also have made many improvements throughout. We also fixed some problems related to Mac Big Sur.

If that does not help, the next step is for me to look at your SD card and see if there is anything unusual about it. So if 1.2.0 does not fix the problem, could you make a zip file of your SD card and upload it to my Dropbox folder?

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Sorry about your eyes; hope all is well now.

I’ll try to install Oscar 1.2.0 (thoughts and prayers, please), and get back to you. Thank you.

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Sorry, but still nothing. Let me try to share what I’m seeing, as “unintelligible” as that might be.

It almost seems like I’m “stuck” between the old and new Oscar versions. When I open Oscar in Applications, it reads 1.2.0 on top, but when I try using the CPAP Importer, it asks whether I want to import from the ResMed file structure, at the same location as before (Volumes/).

If I say yes, it goes instantly through cataloguing in a blink, but no new results. If I instead “specify” a different location, the box lists the old location; if I hit “open,” same sequence, no data. If I try the second location, “Oscar,” and hit open, I just go back to the first Oscar 1.2.0 screen.

Does my gibberish make any sense?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:35 pm

OSCAR 1.2.0 is going to use the same database as your previous version used, so I don't expect anything to change there.

Do "Help/Troubleshooting/Create ZIP of CPAP data card" to create a zip file of your SD card. Then open my Dropbox folder (link in previous message) and upload the zip copy of the SD card so I can take a look at the data.

OSCAR Team

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Sorry, but I’m lost from the start. Where am I finding “Help/Troubleshooting/Create Zip...”?

And should I have both Oscar and Oscar 2 apps?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:24 pm

OSCAR 1.2 should have simply overwritten/updated 1.1 version.

Help/Troubleshooting....
Open OSCAR...look to upper left where it says "help"...click on it and look at your menu choices and you will see the one that tells you how to create a zip/compressed copy of your SD card.

One other thought....can you see inside your SD card if you navigate to it? I know it's a long shot but SD card drives do go whacky and maybe OSCAR can't see your SD card in the SD card slot because the drive is messed up.
If you can't manually navigate to the SD card and look inside....the drive is messed up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:43 pm

Thank you both for your tremendous patience.

Pugsy, as best I could tell, the SD card is okay, plus I had no better luck when I tried 2 other cards.

However, with your guidance, I think I was able to successfully zip the card and upload it to BlueDragon's Dropbox. However, I have no idea why I have both Oscar and Oscar 2 apps; maybe if BlueDragon and you manage to drag me through this, I can delete one of them afterward?