CPAP use and self catheterization

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
movingon

CPAP use and self catheterization

Post by movingon » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi All,
I may be way out of line with this request, and if I am I'm sure someone will let me know.I am a happy and satisfied user of CPAP, AND of asking for help about CPAP problems from the nice and helpful members of this forum. I have had to start using an indwelling catheter and I'm hoping to maybe some day "graduate" to using intermittent self catheterization. My question is; does anyone know if there is a forum support group, as nice as CPAPtalk.com, that deals with people with incontinence issues? I've been looking but it seems that most sites are mostly trying to sell me something.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I guess it also seems that it has been so long since my last post that my equipment stuff has been removed from the bottom of my posts...oh well

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Oscar chin strap

Pugsy

Re: CPAP use and self catheterization

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:35 pm

movingon wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:23 pm
I guess it also seems that it has been so long since my last post that my equipment stuff has been removed from the bottom of my posts.
No, it not so much as the fact you hadn't been here in a while as the fact that most likely your equipment has been discontinued and is no longer sold by cpap.com. If cpap.com doesn't sell it ....the links to all the discontinued or no longer sold by cpap.com equipment are broken. All links are tied to cpap.com inventory.

I am sorry but I don't know of any forum for your other need but maybe someone else here will either have some experience or maybe have a family member in a similar situation and they might know of a place.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:39 am

Have you searched Yahoo Groups? There are hundreds.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:14 am

I would ask either a social worker or tech in the requisite hospital dept - they often know of such groups.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:25 am

LSAT wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:39 am
Have you searched Yahoo Groups? There are hundreds.
Yahoo groups is in the process of being shut down.

Groups.io is one of the places that sprung up to replace it, there may be others.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

movingon

Post by movingon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:28 pm

I knew I could count on y'all! At least now I have some reasonable directions to go in rather than shooting in the dark. Still open to any actual sites that anyone may know of though.
That thing about my equipment not showing... when I previewed my first message it didn't show my CPAP equipment down at the bottom, I assumed it would not display in the message, it did.
THANKS for your responses !

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Oscar chin strap

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Oh the equipment never shows in the preview and when you are actually in the reply box composing something other people's equipment doesn't show up either. Annoying for sure but nothing to be done about it.
I start to compose something and realize I don't remember equipment (if posted in the profile) and I have to either back out or go open another page to refresh my memory.
Like when I composed my reply to you I couldn't see your equipment profile one way or the other.
I didn't check it because I didn't think I needed to. :lol: :lol: I took you at your word.

Anyway, your equipment does indeed show up now.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.